Chapter 4

His breath on Byeol's neck made the girl freak out for a moment before she regained her composure, took a deep breath, and turned around to face the smirking boy.

Without saying a word, she tried to walk around him, but his arm caught her around the waist. She immediately tried to get out of his hold and could see Jeongin getting up to help her when a new voice made everyone stop.

"Yeonjun! I thought we agreed for you to not cause any problems." A very handsome boy walked into the room with a beautiful girl around his arm.

"Aww Hyunjin! We were just dancing," Yeonjun smiled but his face turned sour when Byeol finally got out of his arms and Jeongin stood in front of her. The blue haired boy rolled his eyes. "Fine be that way." Everyone in the room watched as Yeonjun walked away and met with his friends.

"Are you okay?" The handsome boy looked concerned as he turned his attention to Byeol, who was now sitting next to Felix and Changbin.

"Um yeah. I've dealt with my fair share of assholes." The girl widened her eyes as she remembered that the Yeonjun and Hyunjin were cousins. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean-"

Hyunjin smiled and chuckled. "No it's okay, he really is an asshole. I'm Hyunjin by the way, and this is my girlfriend, Jae."

"It's nice to meet you, I'm Byeol." She smiled at Hyunjin and then the beautiful girl around his arm.

"Byeol, Minki, care to join me for a drink?" Jae smiled at the two girls who got up and walked with her. As they reached the kitchen, Jae poured a leach of them a mixed drink, giving herself and Minki the stronger drinks and letting Byeol enjoy a sweeter taste.

After they each had a drink in their hands, Jae led them to a covered patio where there was a couch and she sat down, Byeol and Minki following.

"So Byeol," Jae turned to face the youngest. "I've heard a lot about you from Minki and Jisung, but I have to say, they never said how beautiful you are. I mean, I'm surprised you are single."

"Well, first, thank you for the compliment, Jae. Second, I am very busy with schoolwork since I'm trying to get the best grades. Before this week, Minki and Jisung were my only friends. But then I met Felix, Seungmin, Jeongin, Changbin, Hyunjin, and now you. This party is the first time I've been out to have fun. Like ever."

"Yeah, she didn't even want to come to the party, but I convinced her. She would've ended up coming anyways since she has to stay with me this weekend." Minki spoke up and then sipped her drink.

"Really? Why do you have to stay with Minki?" Jae seemed a little confused.

"Oh, um. My mom had to go out of town. And we're neighbors, and best friends. So whenever Mom goes away, I stay with Minki."

"I see. Well what about your da-"

Minki coughed awkwardly, alerting Jae to stop talking. She thankfully got the hint and looked at Byeol who was just looking down. There was an awkward lack of noise as the girls sat there.

"Hey! This is a party. How about some shots?" Minki jumped up and chugged the rest of her drink before pulling Byeol up with her.

"I-I don't know Minki. This drink was okay, but I don't know about shots." Byeol looked at her friend with a pleading face.

"Oh come on! It'll be fun! Please!" Minki pulled Byeol into the kitchen as she continued to beg.

Rolling her eyes, Byeol chuckled before nodding an 'okay'. Jae was already grabbing out the shot glasses and vodka.