Chapter 20

The movie was over and Byeol was drifting to sleep. A sudden crash of thunder startled her  though, and she ended up falling off of the couch and hitting her head on the coffee table's corner. Jeongin chuckled as he helped her up, but stopped when he saw her rubbing her head.

"Are you okay?" He gently moved her head so he could see if she was hurt.

"Yeah, I think I just hit my head on the coffee table or something."

Jeongin nodded but his eyes widened when Byeol moved her hand. "Byeol! You're bleeding!" He helped her stand and led her to the kitchen. He lifted her onto the counter - with ease - and began searching for the first aid kit. Once he found it, he walked back to Byeol and stood between her legs as he cleaned her wound.

As Byeol's head was tilted to the side, she took the time to study Jeongin's facial features. His eyes had the most beautiful shape that she had ever seen, and they were the perfect shade of brown. The way his hair fell just above his eyes and barely hid the top of them, how his dimple popped out when he clenched his jaw, and the way he looked at her as he cleaned the cut on her head.

She was brought out of her thoughts when Jeongin placed a bandaid on her head and placed his hands on the counter beside her hips, causing his face to be even closer.

"Um, t-thanks, I-Innie." Byeol's voice was a whisper and her face was on fire as Jeongin looked at her, he was so close.

Jeongin nodded and was suddenly aware of how close they were. His eyes flickered down to her lips, and when he looked back up, he saw her eyes flick up from looking at his lips as well. His heart was beating so hard that he could no longer hear the rain falling outside.

His hands slowly made their way to Byeol's waist and he stepped closer. He leaned his forehead on hers, and he heard her breath hitch. Byeol hesitantly lifted her arms around Jeongin's neck and ran her fingers through his soft hair. He lifted his face a bit so that their noses were touching.

They could each hear the other's heart beating and they could feel the other's breath on their lips. Jeongin spoke in a breathy whisper and his heart was racing, "Can I kiss you?"

Byeol actually stopped breathing and looked up and into Jeongin's eyes. She slowly nodded her head and before she knew it, Jeongin's lips were against hers.

There are no words to explain the type of explosion of emotion that they both felt as their lips moved in sync. Byeol closed her eyes, but when he kissed her, she saw the most beautiful display of fireworks. She tangled her fingers in his hair and pulled his head closer. She could feel his arms wrapping tightly around her waist, pulling her body against his.

Jeongin leaned his head to the side so that he could deepen the kiss. His tongue slipped into Byeol's mouth and fought with hers for control, eventually he won.

They had to pull apart after a few moments because they needed to breathe, and when they did, Jeongin leaned his forehead against Byeol's again as the two caught their breaths. He could see Byeol smiling as she caught her breath, and this made him smile as well. He kissed her forehead before just pulling her into a hug, her head buried in his neck as her arms were still wrapped around him.

After they were both breathing normally, Jeongin reluctantly pulled away from Byeol and helped her off the counter. No words were spoken until Jeongin started heading to the couch.

"Innie?"

"Hm?" Jeongin turned around to face the girl he had fallen hard for.

"C-can we lay down to sleep?" Byeol looked at him with her doe-eyes.

"Yeah sure. Uh, where's the guest room?"

A crash of thunder sounded before Byeol could speak and she shuddered at the loud boom.

"Um, can you s-stay with me?" Byeol's voice was small and Jeongin almost couldn't hear her, but he did. And her question made him smile.

"Of course, lead the way."

Byeol took Jeongin's hand in hers and entered her room. She sat on her king-sized bed and watched as Jeongin looked around.

"So where am I sleeping?" Jeongin was hoping for Byeol to say with her, but he didn't want to assume anything. However, a big smile appeared on his face when Byeol gestured to the bed.

She got under the covers and scooted over, giving Jeongin room to climb in beside her. After turning off the lights, he got in beside her and laid on his side as he looked at Byeol, who was also laying on her side and looking at him.

Another crash of thunder boomed, causing Byeol to jump, but Jeongin just pulled her into his chest as he wrapped his arms around her waist. Byeol reached her arms up and wrapped them around his neck again as she nuzzled her head in the crook of his neck.

"Goodnight, Byeol." Jeongin kissed the side of her head, causing her to smile against his neck.

"Goodnight, Innie."

———

The next morning, Byeol woke up and panicked when she didn't see Jeongin. Did she mess up by inviting him to stay the night? Did she talk in her sleep? Did she snore? What if he realized he just didn't like her?

Byeol's negative thoughts were interrupted by the noises she heard outside of her door. She got out of bed and peeked outside to see Jeongin at the kitchen, it looked like he might be cooking something. She walked out of her room and headed towards the kitchen.

"Jeongin?"

The boy turned around with a smile when she spoke. "Good morning Byeol!" His attention went back to the stove where he was making some pancakes.

He was making her breakfast? Byeol couldn't hide the smile that was creeping onto her face. She leaned on the counter next to him and watched as he flipped the pancakes, then took them off the stove. Jeongin split the pancakes into two plates and took them to the table. He then brought out some coffee cups, the carafe of coffee, and some syrup for the pancakes. He pulled out one of the chairs and motioned for Byeol to sit down. The girl happily sat down as Jeongin pushed her chair in and sat across from her.

"Bon appétit," Byeol giggled at Jeongin's French and took a bite of her pancakes.

The two enjoyed their breakfast together before Jeongin got a call and had to leave.

"Hey, you're coming to the race tonight, right?" Jeongin walked over to Byeol after putting his shoes back on.

She nodded her head and he smiled.

"Cool, I'll pick you up at 7, we hang out at Hyunjin's house before races." Jeongin placed a quick kiss on Byeol's cheek before he opened the door and left.

She touched her cheek and smiled as memories of the - more passionate kiss - from last night replayed in her mind.

A knock on her door brought her out of her thoughts and she opened it without checking who it was. She thought that maybe Jeongin had left something, but when she saw 5 men in masks, she knew she done messed up.

She went to close the door, but they barged in before she could do anything and two of them held her arms. The tallest brought out a white cloth and placed it over her nose and mouth, and everything went black.