Chapter 33

Byeol and Jeongin were woken up when Minki came in and shook them.

"Guys, the doctor is here."

The couple nodded their heads and started stretching as Minki left the room.

"How are you feeling?" Jeongin wrapped his arms around Byeol and kissed her head..

"Better, but it still really hurts." She snuggled closer to Jeongin's chest and startled when the door opened. They both looked up to see an older man walk in with Minki.

"Good evening. My name is Dr. Sim, and I'll be doing a checkup on you today." He had a jolly smile and happy aura about him which immediately lightened the atmosphere of the room. "Your friend here tells me that  you took a bad fall down some stairs? How did that happen?"

Dr. Sim took a seat next to Byeol as she stayed in Jeongin's embrace.

"Um, yeah. I w-was just really excited to get to lunch and tripped." Byeol made eye-contact with Minki who only looked thankful that she went with the lie.

The older man looked somewhat skeptical, but smiled anyway. "Well then, let's take a look shall we? Just need to make sure you didn't break anything, your friend mentioned that you couldn't walk and that is quite serious. I'm going to need to see under your shirt, so someone could stay here with you if you'd like."

"I'll go, Minki can stay." Jeongin started to get up and gently laid Byeol back on the bed as Minki came over and sat next to her friend. He then exited the room and headed to the living room with Seungmin and Jae. The three of them sat on the couch as they waited for Dr. Sim to finish up.

A knock was heard on the front door and Jeongin got up to check it. He soon returned to the living room with Hyunjin, Changbin, Felix, and Jisung. Hyunjin took the seat next to Jae and the others spread around the couches. Once everyone was settled, a thicque silence took over them.

"Well what happened?" Seungmin couldn't take it anymore and almost shouted.

"Okay, so no actual fighting happened, but not because we chickened out." Felix began to speak.

"A surprise visitor showed up." Changbin continued.

"Who?" Seungmin and Jae spoke in unison.

"Byeol's dad." Hyunjin answered as he put his arm around Jae.

"What?! I thought he wasn't coming back! Wait, why was he there?" Jeongin raised his voice a bit but still remained calm-ish.

"He paid Yeonjun to beat Byeol." Jisung finally spoke from his seat. His arms were crossed over his chest and his jaw was clenched in anger. "The bastard literally paid somebody to hurt his own daughter." His voice was laced with nothing but anger and he looked kind of scary.

"What the fuck? That's so messed up! We need to tell the cops. There's no way that he's getting away with this!" Jeongin stood up and turned to go to the front door, but stopped when Byeol's bedroom door opened and Dr. Sim walked out.

"Ah, more friends. Hello! I'm Dr. Sim! And as for Ms. Byeol, she doesn't have any broken bones, just a few bruised ribs. She isn't on bed rest, but she'll just need to take it easy for a few days. Give her tylenol for the pain. Sound good?" Dr. Sim received nods from the various teenagers. "Alright then, I should be on my way. Oh, and make sure she's careful on the stairs next time."

"But she didn't-" Seungmin and Changbin slapped their hands over Felix's mouth before he said anything else.

"Bye Dr. Sim, thank you so much!" Jae tried to cover up what felix was about to say. The older man smiled at Jae then the boys and left.

As the front door closed, the bedroom door opened and Minki and Byeol walked out. Everyone stopped in their tracks as they saw the younger girl leaning on Minki to stay up. The girls slowly made their way to the couches and Jeongin stood up, offering his seat to Byeol. He helped her down to the seat then sat next to her wrapping an arm around her and allowing her to lean on him.

"Hey girl, how are you feeling?" Jae spoke softly from beside Hyunjin.

"I've had better days, but I feel a lot better than earlier. Dr. Sim gave me some medicine and it's helped so much already." Byeol brought her knees up and curled her body into Jeongin's side. Another thicc silence settled over the group.

"So, did you guys ever find Yeonjun?." Everyone tensed at Byeol's question. They knew they had to tell her about her dad, but they hadn't had time to discuss how to do it.

"Uh, Byeol. Um. T-there's something you should know." Minki came and sat next to her friend, grabbing Byeol's hands in her own.

Byeol looked uneasy but nodded her head, urging Minki to continue.

Minki closed her eyes and took a deep breath before speaking again.

"Byeol your d-dad paid Yeonjun to beat you up." A tear fell down Minki's face as she spoke, and her voice cracked at the end.

"I'm sorry what?" Byeol laughed bitterly, but couldn't help the tears silently falling down her cheeks.

"Your dad. He-"

"I heard you. I just can't believe he'd do that." Byeol brought her hands away from Minki to wipe her tears away, but for every one she wiped away, two more fell from her eyes.

"Oh Byeol," Minki pulled the younger into her arms and held her in a tight hug. Byeol sobbed into her best friends chest and Jae made her way to the girls.

Jeongin stood up and Jae took his seat on the other side of Byeol, wrapping her arms around the two younger girls. As much as Jeongin wanted to comfort Byeol right now, he knew she needed her friends too. So he signaled the guys and they all headed up to the study loft to talk.

They all either sat  on the couch, at the desk, or just stayed standing. Nobody said anything for a while.

"Okay so how are we going to handle this? We can't just let him off and continue doing this. I know her dad, he's not going to give up. If he really wants to hurt her, he'll find a way." Jisung spoke from his spot on the floor and everyone's attention was on him.

"Can we take it to the cops?" Felix spoke from underneath Changbin who was situated comfortably on his lap.

Hyunjin leaned forward on the desk. "I don't know that they'd listen. In their eyes, we are just a bunch of kids trying to get one of our friends' dad arrested. We need proof. Evidence of some sort. Maybe we could call Chan again. He seemed to want to help."

Jeongin leaned forward on his knees while beside Changlix on the couch. "I'm starting to like him more with how much he's been helping. I'm good with that. What about his friends though. Can we trust them?"

"Woojin seemed willing to help, but that Minho... he seemed kind of sketchy to me. Kind of rolled his eyes when Chan would talk. He seemed pretty friendly with Yeonjun as well." Changbin leaned back into Felix's chest as he spoke.

"Wait, you don't think he'd side with Yeonjun do you? Because that would be a major problem." Seungmin was on his phone, typing away as he spoke.

"I don't know. We can meet up with Chan by himself and ask him about the other two." Hyunjin stood up from the desk and peeked down at the three girls huddled on the couch. "I think maybe we should let them have a girls night? That'll give us some time to meet with Chan and work."

The other boys nodded and they all headed down the stairs. Hyunjin immediately went to Jae and let her know that the guys were going out. He gave her a sweet but short kiss then headed to the door. Jisung followed his actions, except his kiss went to Minki. Jeongin made his way to Byeol and kissed her head before saying his goodbyes. The girls all waved as the guys left, then they put on a movie.

Hyunjin called Chan and asked to meet up at a cafe to talk. Once they had decided on something close by, the guys all headed there and waited for Chan so they could start planning.