Chapter 22

As Jeongin parked outside of Byeol's apartment, he unbuckled himself then got Hana out of her seat and carried her in. Byeol's door was unlocked, so Jeongin went straight in and saw Minki and Jae sitting on the couch looking worried. The two girls stood up as soon as they heard Jeongin walking in.

"Minki! Jae!" Hana has a smile on her face as she saw the two girls. Jeongin set her down and she ran towards the two girls . "Why are you crying, Minki?" Hana wiped the few tears from the blonde girl's cheeks.

"It's nothing, Hana. I'm okay," Minki smiled and pulled the younger girl into a hug.

"Um, can you guys watch Hana? I'm going to go look for Byeol." Jeongin spoke quietly in order to not alert Hana.

"Yeah, call Hyunjin and see what they've come up with. They've been looking since like 10," Jae stood up and spoke to Jeongin.

He nodded his head and kissed his sister goodbye before heading out the door and getting in his car. He immediately called Hyunjin.

H: Hello?

J: Hey, it's Jeongin. Jae said to see what you guys have come up with? I just dropped my sister with the girls and I am going to tear this town apart if that's what it takes to find her.

H: Okay, meet us at the coffee shop by school. We're gonna see what everyone else has come up with.

J: Alright, bye.

Jeongin hung up his phone and quickly drove to the shop Hyunjin had mentioned. After parking nearby, he went in and sat down at a table large enough for him and his friends. With Byeol missing, Jeongin couldn't even think about eating or drinking.

Within a few minutes, the rest of his friends came in and sat at the table. Nobody said anything.

"Did you guys find anything while you were out?" Felix spoke quietly from Chabgbin's lap as the older boy held Felix protectively.

"No." Seungmin shook his head while looking down.

Hyunjin copied his actions. "We went to all the places Minki said she might've gone, but we still didn't find anything."

"This is bull! She wouldn't just disappear! Someone had to have taken her! And we need to find out who!" Jeongin slammed his hands on the table causing his friends to flinch.

"Jeongin, calm down. I know you care about her, we all do. And we will find her, okay? But getting upset isn't going to help anything. We have to be-"

Jeongin's phone cut Seungmin off as it rang. An unknown number appeared on the screen as Jeongin pulled it out of his pocket. He hesitantly accepted the call.

J: Hello?

???: J-Jeongin?

J: Byeol?!

Jeongin recognized her voice and was immediately filled with hope. His friends looked at him as he spoke her name.

B: Jeongin I'm scared. I don't know where I am. Someone knocked on the door after you left and I opened it and they took me.

Byeol was crying as she spoke and it broke Jeongin's heart to hear her like this.

J: A-are you hurt? I swear if they hurt you-

???: She's not hurt, yet. Follow our orders and maybe we'll keep her that way.

The new voice threw Jeongin off, but his blood boiled now that he recognized it and knew who was to blame.

J: What the fuck did you do, Yeonjun.