Chapter 23

As Jeongin opened the door, he saw Byeol's body falling to the floor from the chair she was in, Yeonjun's hand was still moving from slapping her face, and the sound was still echoing off the walls. Jeongin saw nothing but red as he charged at Yeonjun, landing a solid punch on the older boy's cheek.

Hyunjin, Jisung, and Seungmin ran into the room as well, Seungmin went to help Byeol while the other two fought the other two boys in the room. Changbin and Felix stayed outside with the two boys they already had. After about 5 minutes, Yeonjun and the two other boys inside were knocked out. Changbin and Felix brought the boys from outside into the room and threw them on the ground with their knocked out friends.

After dealing with Yeonjun, Jeongin ran to Byeol who was just starting to wake up from being knocked out. As she saw Jeongin's face, she started to cry and the boy just pulled her into his chest and held her shaking body while he rocked her back and forth and whispered soothing things into her ear.

"You, what's your name?" Hyunjin pointed to the blonde boy who led them to the room Byeol was in.

"B-Beomgyu."

"Okay, Beomgyu. Give Yeonjun a message from me. Tell him that if he ever messes with me or my friends like this again, we won't handle it quite as nicely. And tell him that if he knows what's good, he won't show up to the race tonight." Hyunjin spoke and the boy only nodded his head.

Jeongin helped Byeol stand up and let her climb on his back for a piggyback ride as they all exited the building. His arms were under her legs, holding them securely while her arms wrapped around his neck and her head was buried between his shoulder and neck while she continued to silently cry.

As they reached the cars, Jeongin handed Jisung his keys and let the older boy drive while Jeongin sat in the back with Byeol beside him. The other four got in Hyunjin's car, and they all headed back to Byeol's apartment.

In the backseat, Jeongin was cleaning the cut on Byeol's cheek form when Yeonjun had slapped her. She winced as he wiped it with the alcohol swab to disinfect it, and he apologized. After he was done cleaning the cut, he placed a bandaid over it, and then placed a sweet kiss on her cheek over the bandaid.

"I'm so sorry-"

"This wasn't your fault, Jeongin." Byeol cut the boy off as she looked into his chocolate eyes, tears pooling in her own. "I shouldn't have opened the door without checking who it was."

Byeol looked down as she spoke and Jeongin saw a tear fall from her eyes as she lowered her head.

"Hey," Jeongin lifted her head with a finger under her chin and wiped the tear away as he caressed her face in his hand, she leaned into his touch. "Don't blame yourself either. We didn't know this was going to happen. All that matters is that you're here now, and you're safe."

Jeongin brought the girl into his embrace and she laid her head on his chest as his arms wrapped around her body. She was still shaking and sniffling, so Jeongin started to hum a soothing melody near her ear, and after a few minutes, he heard those adorable little snores he had grown so fond of. He kissed her head and kept humming the melody the whole way back.

When they arrived at her apartment, Byeol was still asleep, so Jeongin carried her in and laid her on her bed. He tucked her in and placed Innie in her arms before kissing her forehead and leaving her to sleep in peace. After quietly closing her bedroom door, he returned to the living room where the rest of the guys and now the girls were.

"Innie!" Hana giggled as she ran up to Jeongin. He only smiled and picked up his sister before walking back to his friends.

"How is she?" Minki's eyes were red as she spoke while being wrapped in Jisung's arms.

"She's okay, just a cut on her cheek from Yeonjun." Jeongin spat out the name, but kept it together in front of Hana. "She probably just needs some sleep and time with friends. I think I'm going to stay with her tonight instead of going to the race."

"Me too. You'll be okay without me, right Ji?" Minki turned around to face Jisung and he just smiled at her.

"No, I won't. So I'll stay too," He kissed Minki's forehead as she hugged him.

"Well shi- I mean shoot," Hyunjin looked at the young girl in Jeongin's arms. "If you two aren't racing I'm not either. You okay staying here, Jae?" He looked at the girl sitting in his lap and smiled when she nodded.

"I guess we don't have to be there then. Are you guys staying?" Seungmin looked at Changbin and Felix who only nodded. "Cool. So we're all staying here I guess?" Everyone nodded as Seungmin looked around the room.

"Wait, does she have food? I've been so worried about her that I never ate, but now that she's okay, I'm starving."

Everyone chuckled as Felix spoke and Changbin got up to check the kitchen.

"She doesn't have much, and with the way you eat, she'd run out of everything. We should probably order some stuff or go shopping." He came back and wrapped his arms around Felix's waist.

"She'll probably be asleep for a while, us three can go shopping while you guys stay here," Seungmin gestured to himself and ChangLix. "Anything specific you guys want?" He put his shoes on as Changbin and Felix did the same.

"Before you come back, can you get a lavender-vanilla latte from the cafe down the street for Byeol when she wakes up? It's her favorite." Minki spoke up and looked at Seungmin who nodded his head.

"Alright, if you guys think of anything, just text us," the three boys headed out the door and the people who stayed sat down on the couches while Minki put on a movie.

The 5 teens - and Hana - all waited for Byeol to wake up as they watched a princess movie to keep Hana entertained and quiet as the girl slept peacefully in her room.