Chapter 34

*this is unedited bc i felt bad for making you wait so long. i'm super sorry but life has been hell then last month. love y'all 💜💜

The group of boys arrived at the cafe and grabbed the biggest table they could. Hyunjin and Seungmin went and ordered drinks for everyone as they waited for Chan. Before 10 minutes had passed, the bells on the door chimed indicating people walking in. The boys at the table looked up and saw Chan walking towards them with one of his friends.

"Hey guys, sorry we're late." Chan took the seat next to Jeongin and Woojin sat beside Seungmin.

"No worries! But um, don't you have another friend too?" Hyunjin took a sip of his coffee as he spoke.

Chan blew out a breath and looked down. "Minho. Yeah. I hate to say it, but after the meeting with Byeol's dad, he started acting strange. He got super close with Yeonjun and started saying some shady stuff. I don't trust him anymore. At least, not with something as important as Byeol's safety." He then lifted his head and looked around the table.

The seven other boys nodded then settled into an awkward silence.

"So," Jeongin finally spoke up. "What exactly are we going to do? I mean, we can't just go to the police. They won't do anything without evidence, and I don't think we have any of that. Not to mention, they'd just see us as a bunch of kids- well, maybe not you two." He pointed to Chan and Woojin.

"True. But maybe we could catch him giving orders to harm Byeol again? Or even congratulating whoever on another beating?" Felix spoke up and looked around the table.

"But we won't let another beating happen, will we?" Jeongin glared at Felix for a few seconds. "Now. Her dad doesn't suspect you guys of being against him does he?" He looked up at the two oldest boys.

"I don't think so. He seems to really trust Chan actually, made him the person in charge here." Woojin said.

"Yeah, or if he doesn't trust me, he's hiding it very well. I'm basically running his office out here. I know all of the company secrets and shit too. Bottom line, I'm pretty sure he trusts me. He talked about Byeol to me with Yeonjun after everyone else left. He's definitely going to try something again." Chan leaned forward on his elbows as he spoke.

"That bastard! Isn't it enough he practically disowned her? Now he has to go and physically beat her? Fuck this, if I get the chance I'm beating the shit out of him." Jisung was clearly pissed off and the tone of his voice caused a few of the boys to jump back.

"Ji, why are you so pissed off about this? I mean I get it, we're all upset, but you seem to be more affected than us. What's up?" Hyunjin spoke softly, trying not to upset his friend.

Jisung closed his eyes and took in a deep breath trying to calm himself down. "Okay, so you know that Minki and I have been dating for two years? Well during that time, I got close with Byeol too. She became like my sister. I always felt the need to protect her. But throughout those two years, I was able to see how shitty her dad was. He would take her mom on vacations but leave Byeol at home because there wasn't enough space or some other shitty excuse. She'd end up staying with Minki, so when I'd come over, they would talk about it, and a lot of times I'd have to leave because Byeol would break down and Minki needed to console her. Did you know Byeol hasn't seen her dad in 4 years. He's never talked with her directly, always either through her mom, or an assistant or something. She's never done anything wrong to him, and yet he treats her like she's less than dirt. My anger towards him has been building ever since I found out about him basically. And now he has the balls to come and mess with her life even though she's done absolutely nothing to him. So yeah, I'm gonna be a little more than pissed at him."