Chapter 13

Byeol stopped breathing and her eyes shot open wide.

"W-what?" She spoke with a smile on her lips.

Jeongin was still recovering from the nerves he had while asking the question. He pulled away from Byeol and looked her in the eyes as they both smiled. "W-will you go out with me? I know we don't really know each other, but I really like you Byeol. No girl has ever made me feel the way that you do. And I would be honored if you would let me get to know you better." Jeongin looked down at Byeol's hands as he held them.

"Jeongin, I'd love to," Byeol smiled up at Jeongin while he smiled back at her. His arms wrapped around her body as he picked her up and spun her around as she wrapped her arms around his neck. She giggled as he set her down and leaned his forehead against hers.

The red-headed boy opened his mouth to speak, but stopped once he heard hushed whispers and giggles behind him. "I think we should probably get back to our friends."

Byeol nodded her head and Jeongin quickly kissed her forehead before grabbing her hand and turning around to head to the kitchen. They walked into the kitchen and just stopped when they saw their friends.

Jisung was reading a cookbook - it was upside down, Minki was next to him drinking from an empty cup, Hyunjin was eating a piece of chicken, and Jae was sitting on the counter playing on her phone. They all looked up when Byeol and Jeongin walked in together. All eyes went to the intertwined hands between the two and smirks were formed around the room.

"What happened to you two?" Jisung closed the cookbook and looked at Jeongin.

"I, uh, asked her out," Jeongin smiled sheepishly as his friends began to cheer. Minki and Jae squealed in excitement as they ran to hug Byeol.

"Finally! Oh my gosh, I have been waiting since that night you guys first met!" Minki jumped up and down as she pulled Byeol into a hug.

"Okay, can we celebrate or whatever later? I'm hungry," Byeol giggled as she pulled away from Minki.

Everyone laughed at Byeol's words as they headed to the table to eat. Hyunjin brought the chicken over and the 6 teens ate together as they talked and laughed.

After a few hours of just spending time together, Jeongin's dad called him and he had to leave. Minki and Byeol decided to head back to Minki's house as well, so Jisung took them home and headed to his house. After waving goodbye to Jisung, the two girls headed into Minki's house and plopped on the couches.

Minki had put The Notebook on and was making some salad for herself and Byeol when the latter got a text from an unknown number.

???: Hey, Byeol. It's Jeongin. I forgot to get your number earlier, so I asked Minki for it.

B: lol it's okay. what's up??

J: Well, I was wondering when you'd be free for our date? I'm trying to plan ahead so I can make it perfect

B: hmmm...idk. definitely not this week. i need to study for a test i have next week... maybe the weekend? i think having something to clear my mind would be good.

J: Okay, so... Next weekend?? How about Friday? And also, there's another race on Saturday. Would you want to go?

B: sounds perfect! caaann i have a hint to whatever you're planning??☺️

J: Nope! It wouldn't be a surprise if I told you

B: lol okay. i gotta go. movie night with minki and she's back with the food