30 - Callie

Sam looked at me. "Are you sure? I never want you to feel pressured."

"Yes, we can only have this summer and I don't want to waste it. I need you to help me heal. That sounded wrong. I'm not using you, because I really care about you."

"I understand. Being with you, I'm happy for the first time in years. I'm always happy with my kids, but I mean as a person."

"I know you're a great dad. Of course, I never had a dad so..."

"Never?"

"No, but that's not a story for tonight." I leaned into him.

"Do you want a drink?"

I shook my head, and he led me into his bedroom. He sat on the bed. "Take the lead."

I remembered Parker calling me a whore. Would Sam think I was if I initiated? "I want you to respect me and not think of me as a..."

"No, never! We are two consenting adults, who are more than attracted to each other and want to make the other feel good. There is nothing disgraceful about it. Believe me, I would never expect you to do anything considered kinky."

I thought of Parker with the lingerie. How did I not know he was a sick person from the beginning?

I reached out to touch Sam, because I had been wanting to for a long time. He was ready, and I instinctively dropped to my knees. "No, not like that. Together." Then he moved up the bed and beckoned me to join him. Together we touched and explored and slowly undressed, as if we were unwrapping a Christmas present. The anticipation built until I couldn't stand it anymore and I straddled him. He reached up and caressed my cheek as I slowly slid him inside of me. I was expecting the burning feeling I constantly had with Parker, but it was gone. Inside my body, I had healed.

Desire and caring filled his eyes. I wish I could say love, but it would be asking for too much. I wasn't even sure what love was anymore. When I felt myself, go I put my weight on him and buried my face in his neck taking in his scent. He held me and I felt safe, safer than I ever thought I'd be.

Later, I was content in his arms. Sam said, "You know I will never get my fill of you. I knew you and I would be perfect together."

His words made my heart skip a beat. He was the perfect man and fate brought us together. I hated to leave, but couldn't stay. Luckily, the house was quiet when I arrived. I wasn't sure I could face my mother.

I couldn't wait to rush back to Sam in the morning. He was whistling in the kitchen when I arrived. We both smiled at each other and I thought my skin might rip at the side of my mouth, my smile was so big. Then I noticed he looked tired and felt a knot forming. Did he have regret?

"I had a sudden burst of inspiration and worked half the night. I might try to get a few more winks while you're at the beach."

The kids were in front of cartoons. "Stay here while Callie packs up for the beach." Then he beckoned me to follow him into his room. The minute we were out of the sight of little eyes, his mouth was on mine. "Oh God, I wish."

"I know."

"Nap time?"

"No, I see Gail today." I felt disappointed. A few weeks ago my visits with Gail were what I looked forward to, but now I only wanted to be with Sam.

"I'll sleep then, but tonight."

I smiled and sashayed out of his room. I felt wanted and sexy. I also felt valued for who I was not just what I did in the bedroom. Finally, I knew everything about my relationship with Parker was sick.

Thanks for voting ⭐️