Chapter 2- The Boy

6:45 am

*beep beep beep*

"Oh come on, not already." I groaned as I turned off my alarm clock. Ready for (yet another) day of school. As I rolled off my bed, I could hear my mom yelling at my brother from downstairs. He's in elementary school and I'm in high school, but his school starts before mine. She is most likely yelling about homework or being late or something. She is super strict about that kind of stuff. Always be on time. Don't forget this. Don't forget that. I mean, it's not that bad, it just annoys me sometimes.

I walked into the bathroom to get ready just as I heard the front door close. My mom had just left to go drop off my brother at school. My dad works a lot, so I had the house to myself. I grabbed a skater skirt, crop top, and jacket, and got dressed. I put on my makeup and did my hair, as usual. I ran downstairs, realizing I was gonna be late for the bus. So... I made a run for it.

I barely caught the bus (my mom would've been mad). I sat down in my regular seat and played on my iPhone until I got to school. I could drive, but I kind of preferred the bus. I don't know why, I just did.

When we pulled up to school, I got off the bus and noticed Caroline. She looked oddly happy. I ran up to her and gave her a hug. I hadn't seen her since last week.

"Heyy!" I exclaimed as I pulled back from the hug.

"Hey, guess what Amanda?" Caroline said with her signature smirk. It wasn't sarcastic, but I loved making fun of her for it.

"What?!" I said, mimicking her smile.

"So I met this new guy..." She nervously said.

My eyes widened. "Ooh who is it?!"

"Oh you know just this kid named Liam." Caroline gave a shy smile then added, "I'll tell you about him later, come over to my place?"

I nodded. I was excited! At least one of us could meet someone.

3:30 pm

The day went by pretty slow but I was totally glad it was over. I texted my mom that I'd be at Caroline's house and she was fine with it. She knew how close we were and that I wouldn't be home terribly late.

I rode Caroline's bus with her and she told me all about Liam. She said he had the cutest smile and was super smart (just like her). But she said he had a bad past. She didn't go into much detail, but I didn't push it. I figured it wasn't a big deal as long as he'd changed and I told her that.

Once we were at her house, we did homework, talked, and ate snacks. That was basically all we did, but neither one of us cared. No matter what we did, we always had a good time.

I left around 7:30, and got home just in time for dinner. We ordered pizza, I took a shower, and crawled into bed.

Just as I got settled, I got a text from Caroline.

"OMG you are NEVER gonna believe what just happened."