Chapter 19- Chase me

I decided not to confront Kristen about this whole "situation" just yet. First I needed more information from Liam.

The next day at school, I saw Liam and immediately ran up to him. He turned away.

"What's your problem? You tell me something-" He put his finger over my mouth. I quickly slapped it away. What the heck was he doing?

"What the heck?" I shouted. I'm sure almost anyone within a 20 foot radius could hear me.

"We need to talk later. Okay? Meet me after school. Here." He sternly said. I nodded, still unsure of what his problem was.

The rest of the day lasted forever. All I did was think. Think about what Liam would say. If he was lying. I'm pretty sure this situation couldn't get any harder.

Right after the last bell rang, I speed-walked to my locker, grabbed my stuff, and made my way over to where Liam was standing. I saw Kristen in my way over and waved hello. Apparently she had to stay after for tutoring in math.

"Hey, what was this morning about?" I asked Liam.

"I'll tell you later. We have to go." He responded.

"Are you kidding me? Where do we have to go now?" I groaned. I didn't want to chasing him around, begging for answers. But I needed them, so I guess I had to.

"I don't know yet. But not here. It's not safe." Liam answered. I reluctantly agreed and left with him.

We headed over to the skate park about a block away. When we finally got there, I spoke up.

"Finally! Can we talk now?" I asked, holding my hands up. Liam looked around.

"God, what are you so paranoid about? It's like you can't sit still!" I shouted.

"Ever since I told you yesterday, I just feel Kristen watching me. I don't think she saw me at the scene, but I don't know, I just feel it." He said, seeming distant.

"Okay, we'll deal with that later but, right now, we need to talk about Kristen and her involvement with Caroline." I reasoned.

He nodded and started. "So on the night, I was at the park and-"

"Why were you at the park?" I interrupted.

"My parents were fighting." He said quickly. "Just let me finish, okay? Now more interrupting." I nodded and let him go on.

"So, I was at the park and hear shouts. At first they didn't sound bad. It sounded like little kids playing, but then I realized it was like 10, so I got scared. Yeah, yeah, scared, I know. So I got up and snuck around, investigating when I saw two girls. It was really dark, so at first I couldn't see who they were, but then I realized one was Caroline. I screamed, and apparently the other girl-Kristen, noticed, but couldn't see me. The only thing I remember seeing about her was her hair. Her face was pretty covered, but I remember her dark brown hair. By now I was terrified, so ran out of the shadows and ran over to Caroline. She saw me and threw me her phone and told me to text you, so I did. Kristen had seen, but didn't know who I was. Then, I ran. I heard one last muffled scream and saw Kristen pick up Caroline's phone. I didn't know why, but I kept running. All the way home."

I could tell it took a lot for him to tell me this. "Thank you for telling me this. I really, really appreciate it." He smiled a little, and I told him about my side. Seeing Caroline, her texts, watching him running, everything. That was when I realized who I could trust. I could trust Liam. I could not trust Kristen.