Chapter 27- Into Action

"Which one is it?" Kristen shouted. I still wasn't sure how I was going to work the word 'okay' smoothly into my sentence, but I didn't have any time to think.
"It's me." I said, not looking at Liam, although I'm sure he looked at me, not knowing what I was doing. But I was trying to get closer to her, closer so I could grab the gun.
Kristen nodded and motioned for me to walk towards her. Everything was going as planned. "Come on." She urged. When I got about 6 feet away from her, I could see she looked nothing like the old Kristen. This maniac had knotted hair, bloodshot eyes, and dirty skin.
I knew it was time to put my plan into action. First, I turned around to face Liam. I winked at him to tell him to get ready to run. I could still see his pink, sparkly nail polish.
"Just tell me what you're going to do, okay?" I questioned. And with that, I sprinted up to Kristen. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Liam running up as well. I heard the sound of gunshots, slicing through the air, and I hoped they didn't hit anything. Or anyone, although I wouldn't be too sad if they hit Kristen.
I watched Kristen try to get the gun ready to fire, but with all the commotion around her, I'm sure she struggled. I carefully ran around her, so that she couldn't see me. I jumped on top of her back and tried to pin her to the ground. Liam rushed over to help me, but Kristen was still holding the gun, so I didn't want him to get in from of her.
"Liam, come ar-" I started. I heard a gunshot, but didn't see the victim of it. I went back to pinning Kristen to the road.
BAM! BAM! BAM! Three gunshots rung out and I desperately hoped they hit no one and that she was almost out of ammunition. I couldn't see Liam anymore, so I figured he went to the police. He knew I could do this, though I would've appreciated the help.
I grabbed Kristen's left wrist and stomped it onto the ground. I heard some cracks and a screech, which meant I probably broke her bone. I took that as a que to grab hold of her other wrist and pin it down as well. I sat on top of her back and began to wrench the gun from her grip. She had a really tight hold on it, so it was really difficult, but I managed. Once the gun was in my procession, I could do anything. Should I kill her, torture her, leave her? I pondered. I again had no time to think, because I was constantly given the task of keeping Kristen on the ground.
"Stay down or I'll shoot you!" I threatened, although I was unsure if I was actually brave enough to follow through with it, if I needed to. I pushed the weapon into the back of her skull, as if daring her to move again.
Instead of moving, she spoke. "Don't you want to check up on your partner?" She said arrogantly. I knew she was bluffing, so I dug the gun deeper into her head.
"Speak again, and I shoot you." I whispered. Kristen looked to her right, so looked over too. What I saw was horrifying.

Ooh cliffhanger but again, sorry for short chapters! I promise my chapters will begin to get longer and longer! Also thanks for 230+ reads!!