Chapter 26-Ready For Anything

"Kristen, put down the gun." I commanded, trying to sound calm despite the flurry of emotions racing inside me. She didn't lower the weapon.
"No." She answered. "One of you will suffer. Which one will you choose?"

I turned to Liam, more scared than ever. "I'll do it. I got you into this...this mess. I'm so sorry." I said sincerely.

Liam shook his head. "No, no she can't do this. And if she does, it's definitely not to you, she should do whatever it is to me. I deserve it. I didn't tell you I was at the scene, I just-" Liam started but I cut him off.

"Listen, we're not getting killed like this. We need to stop her. Even if we die then, it'd be better than dying without trying." I explained even though I was scared out of my mind. Liam slowly nodded, seeming like he was forming a plan, more like our best bet, in his head.

"Hey! You don't have all day to choose!" Kristen yelled, her face turning red. She looked and sounded very annoyed and angry. And she had a gun. Definitely not a good combo.

I nodded to Kristen and turned toward Liam once more. My head sunk and sat on my shoulders. Liam put his hands on my shoulders and said, "Hey, Mandy, I have an idea. So I just recorded that...to show the police, when we get out." He stressed the word "when" and I started to believe this monster named Kristen might one day be locked up. "We just need to get the gun." Liam continued.

"I have a feeling that's easier said than done." I reasoned.

"I know but we have to try, we should split up so she can go after both of us. If she tries for one of us, that's it exactly. She'll only GET one. The other can grab the gun from behind." Liam explained, looking behind him, probably to keep an eye on Kristen. "I know it's risky but we have to try it." He added.

"Sounds like a plan. So when I say the word 'okay', we run. You go right, I'll go left." I expanded. Liam agreed and we turned to face Kristen.
Ready, yet nervous, to put our plan into action.