Chapter 28- Threaten Me

Liam. It was Liam. He was laying on the road, barely moving. I could see his chest rise and fall, but I also saw a puddle of burgundy blood around his right arm and shoulder.
"Liam!" I shouted. "Liam!"
He groaned and tried to move but failed. I was still sitting on Kristen so I couldn't really move. But I had to.
I gripped the gun in my dominant hand and slowly began to stand up. "Move and I shoot you." I repeated as I stood. She did as I said so I slowly started to back up towards Liam. I kept my eyes focused on her, not daring to look away and let her run.
"Liam, Liam, what happened? Did she shoot you?" I asked even though I was sure I knew the answer. When I got closer, he looked to his left and I saw his phone sitting on the ground, a foot away. I quickly swiped it up and turned back to Kristen. She still lay on the ground, scared to move. Or maybe she was planning to get up and run. I really don't know.
I dialed 9-1-1 and waited for someone to pick up. After about 3 rings, they did.
"911, what's your emergency?" The person said calmly. I felt anything but calm.

"My friend, was shot." I said into the phone, out of breath.

"You need an ambulance? Okay, where are you ma'am?"

I stood there, thinking of where we were. "Um I think we're at 67th street in Forge." I answered.

"Okay thank you ma'am. Please stay on the phone with me." The lady told me. "Help is on the way."

"Okay, but there's something else. I know who shot him and she," I paused.

"Go on." The lady commanded.

"She killed my best friend too." I said solemnly, thinking of Caroline. The thoughts were overwhelming, but I had to push through them and talk.

"How do you know ma'am?" She questioned, like my world wasn't being flipped over and turned back around over and over again.

"Ho-how?" I managed. "I watched her." I said. "I have evidence and witnesses, but I need the police first. So hurry, she's on the ground and I thinks he might move soon. Please hurry." I begged, looking over at Kristen, making sure she didn't move. I didn't like being in charge of all these people, and I had no control of what the outcome was.

"Okay ma'am help is on the way. Please stay calm. Go get the girl," she started.

"Okay." I said and started to walk over to Kristen, keeping my voice low, though she probably knew who I was talking to already. I commanded Kristen to stand up and hold her hands up. She challenged me by asking if I was the cops, but I just ignored her.

"Done." I said into the phone. "Are the police and ambulance almost here?" I asked, looking back at Liam, hoping he would be okay. I doubted he would. "Tell them to hurry, I don't think my friend is going to last much longer." I stated.

"Yes ma'am. Now do you have string?" The lady asked. Is she out of her mind? Why would I have string? I thought.

I paused. "No..." I answered.

"Hmmm...okay then, you have to hold her then." She stated, as if I was dealing with a 2 year old, when Kristen was a strong, stubborn 16 year old who wanted to kill me.

"Um I'm not sure I can do that." I stared at Kristen, and she stared back. I held up the gun and she lowered her gaze.
Finally, I heard the faint sirens of the police and ambulance. I prayed that nothing happened to Liam in the time it took them to find us.