Chapter 35- Change Your Outcome

"Liam," I said quietly, entering his door. He was shaking and sweating. "Are you okay?" He nodded but I could tell he was lying so I walked further into his room. He sat up and I took a seat on the edge of his bed. "What was it about?"

He put his hand through his hair. "Caroline." He almost whispered.

"I know, I get those too,"

He shook his head. "I was there-" He practically yelled. I shushed him quiet and let him continue. "I could've, I should've saved her. I hate myself everyday for it."

I leaned over and gave him a long, tight hug. "I'm sorry," I said. "You did the best you could though. No one would've done any better." I whispered again. "And you practically saved her. In a way." I paused. He hugged me-with one arm-and I continued. "If it weren't for you, I wouldn't have found her, I wouldn't have seen you, we wouldn't have talked, we wouldn't have met Kristen, we wouldn't have found Kristen, we wouldn't have stopped her, you wouldn't have gotten your arm removed, you wouldn't have moved in," I stopped again. "We wouldn't be talking right now. Everything we do, anyone does, has outcomes and consequences. Those lead to more decisions and before you know it, 20 things have happened because of something you did." I bit my lip. "And no matter how hard you try, you can't change the past. The only thing you can do, is change your upcoming decisions, if you want something different to happen."

He responded simply. "I do want something different to happen."

"Then the next time you have a decision-" I started, but I was interrupted with a kiss from Liam. I smiled and I could tell he was smiling too.

When we broke from the kiss he said, "There. Now we'll have a different outcome." He grinned and we fell asleep.