Chapter 22- Meet Me There

When you're done reading the chapter, make sure to look at the authors note at the bottom please! And enjoy! :)

"Hey look at this!" Kristen shouted, trying to change the subject, yet again.

"Oh that's cute!" I replied, touching the mint green shirt she was talking about. "So do you know Liam?"

Kristen looked sideways at me. "Umm not really...why? Do you like him?" She winked and moved her shoulders up and down.

I rolled my eyes and denied it. Of course I didn't like Liam. I was working with him. But she didn't know that. "No, seriously!" I repeated.

"Well yeah kind of..." She paused. "Well no, not really."

I scrunched my eyebrows together. "What the- You just switched topics so quickly!" I laughed to make it seem more "realistic".

"Haha well I don't know..." She looked down at her phone. "Awe oh my god I have to go! Bye!" And with that, she darted out of the store. I saw her phone and it was turned off. And it was only 5:45. Great...

I decided to call Liam and tell him about what happened with Kristen. Ring, ring. Ring, ring. No answer. Weird, I thought. He usually always answers. I left a message and sent him a few texts. Hopefully he'd call back soon.

I went home and ended up being pretty bored. I decided to listen to music and eat cookies. Yay! I opened my phone and started playing 'Human' by Christina Perri. I love that song.

I listened to about 4 songs when Liam called me back.

"Hey! I gotta tell you something about Kristen!" I said into the phone.

"Yeah same here." He replied, sounding out of it. "Me first."

I agreed and listened to him. "You know how I told you she was watching me? Well-" he stopped.

"What?" I questioned.

"Um I can't tell you this right now. Can you meet me at the Dairy Queen on 5th, tomorrow? I'm really sorry, I just don't feel like I can talk about this on the phone right now." Liam answered.

"No, no of course. I'll see you tomorrow." I paused. "I get it."

He sighed. "Seriously thank you." We were silent for a few seconds. "So you wanna talk?" He asked.

I smiled. "Sure, whatcha wanna talk about?" I leaned back onto the couch. My parents weren't going to be home for a while, so I really didn't have a "curfew".

"I don't know. Let's just stop worrying about this. Let's just talk like friends. NORMAL friends." He said, putting emphasis on the word "normal".

Finally! Someone who gets it! I don't want to talk about death all the time! "Haha I thought I was the only one who hated talking about death."

"You're doing it." I could picture a smirk.

"What?" I played along.

"Oh I don't know...I forget." He answered, obviously seeing what I did there. I heard him laugh. "You know what Mandy? You know what?!"

"First of all, did you just call me Mandy? What is that?" I chuckled to myself. "I should start calling you..."

"Can think of one, huh? That's the good part of having a name like Liam. No stupid nicknames!" He said faking lots of excitement. "None like Mandy! Which by the way, is what I'm calling you from now on."

I rolled my eyes. "Oh my...here we go. Alright but I'm gonna come up with something for you."

"I'll be waiting." He stopped and got more serious. "See? Wasn't this better?"

"Better? Better than what?" I asked.

"Better than talking about sad things. You know, the only things WE do." He answered.

"Soo much better. Why can't it always be like this?" I asked again.

"Maybe one day it will be, Mandy. Maybe one day." Liam replied. I need to come up with a nickname for him.

"Maybe. Well, bye nickname-to-be-decided-later-Liam." I said.

"See you tomorrow Mandy. Don't forget Dairy Queen! 6:00!" He shouted.

I hung up and thought about nothing. Absolutely nothing. Not death. Not sadness. I thought of nothing. And nothing wasn't bad nor good. 'Nothing' was normal.

Hey guys! More action coming soon!

Also, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT WITH A NICKNAME FOR LIAM! IF YOU GIVE ME THE IDEA I USE, I'LL MENTION YOU IN THE NEXT CHAPTER! AND PLEASE MAKE IT HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH HIS NAME! (like Amanda's is Mandy...) THANKS!!