Chapter 36- Helpless

When I woke up, the first thing I did, was remember what Liam did last night. He kissed me. Liam kissed me. Do I actually have feelings for him? I think I do. Even if I do, can I date him after Caroline did? I didn't really have a clear answer on that, but I knew that Caroline would just want me to be happy. And I want the same for her.

After my mini Q&A with myself, I knew that my parents wouldn't be happy if they saw me in Liam's bed, so I decided I had to leave. Without waking up Liam. He was still asleep-chest rising and falling steadily, eyelids closed shut, messy hair. The only problem was that the bed was pushed up against the wall, so the only way out was over Liam. As quietly as I could, I slipped the blankets off of me and set them back where I was laying. I crept over until I was at the edge of where Liam's body was. I put one foot over him, started to stand up, and used part of the bed to steady myself. Suddenly, I was pushed back and fell onto the bed. I turned and saw Liam sitting up, with a big smile on his face.

"I knew you were trying to get off the bed ever since you took off the blankets." He laughed. "Why?" He asked, turning his head sideways.

"Well, I don't want my parents to see me in bed with you." His mouth made an 'o' shape.

"Isn't it Thursday though?" He responded. I laughed. It was Thursday. My parents were at work already. "You just wanted an excuse to leave the one-armed boy, didn't you?" He asked sarcastically.

I nodded. "Yup. Totally. I just love kissing one-armed boys, then running off." I smirked. He grinned back at me. "Oh, and I'm sorry about your nightmare last night." I said, more seriously. He motioned for me to sit next I him so I did. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"It all happens for a reason. Without the nightmare, I would've never heard you talk to me like that, and then I never, ever would've got enough confidence to kiss you." He smiled at the fact that he almost repeated what I had said last night. "And do it again right now." He leaned in and kissed me. I could literally feel the sparks in my chest.

"Man, you're a smooth talker, huh?" I asked.

"Yup. Always have been. And ladies love me even more, since I only have one arm. I didn't even think it was possible for them to love me this much." He answered, leaning back on the headboard, acting tough.

"Sure, macho man. Lets go eat." We rolled out of bed and walked down to grab some Pop-Tarts. I don't think we ever cook in this house. While we were eating, my phone rang. I talked to some police officer who was talking to Kristen, apparently investigating Caroline's case. We talked for a good 10 minutes until he hung up.

"Who was that?" Liam asked.

"Some police officer. He said we needed to come down today to talk about Kristen and her involvement, and Caroline and our relationships with her or something. He asked us to come down to the police station around 2 o'clock." I answered. Liam nodded.

"Well, it's 1:10 right now, so we should probably get ready. And I need to take this bandage off." I agreed and we headed back to Liam's room to take off the bandage around his right arm. Well, the shoulder part. That's all that's left.

"Okay, it might hurt, so I don't care if you scream or something, just don't move." I said to Liam. He nodded. I peeled off the top part and he was fine, but I was probably because that wasn't where the actually wound was. When I got to the middle section, I could tell Liam was in pain. "Liam, it's okay," I said calmly. He wouldn't calm down, so I pecked him on the cheek. He immediately calmed. I took the rest of the bandage off without a problem.

Liam smiled and said, "Now I have to get dressed."

"Okay, how about I'll help you with your shirt and pants, but you'll have to change your boxers." I almost asked. He shrugged and I ushered him into the bathroom to change. When he came out, I helped him put on a new shirt-blue and short sleeved-and a new pair of shorts-khakis. The shirt perfectly covered his 'nub'.

I went to change myself when he was done. "Thank you!" He shouted when I was leaving the door. I gave him a thumbs up and left the room. It only took me 15 minutes to change and get ready, and when I was done, I saw Liam sitting on the couch watching a show called The Blacklist.

"Mandy?"

"Yeah?" I answered.

"Can you help me tie my shoes?"

"Sure." I walked over to him and sat down on the couch. He moved his shoes (which he had managed to get on) up onto the couch as well. I tied each one an double-knotted them. "There you go." He smiled and we got up to leave.
-----
When we got in the car, Liam was the first to talk. "You look really pretty today." He said. "And thanks for tying my shoes."

"Thank you," I replied sincerely. I hadn't been called pretty in forever. I smiled. "And no problem."

"I feel so helpless," he stated.

"Don't. There's nothing you can do about it." I said. "And I'm happy to help."

"Thanks Mandy."
-----
We pulled up to the police station at 2:05. As we were walking to the front, Liam put his hand out in front of me. I grabbed it and held onto it. The gravel under our feet was loud, so we didn't speak.

When we reached the front desk, I let go of Liam's hand, not wanting everyone here to know we liked each other. I signed both of us in and we were brought to the back. A police officer named Officer Geran greeted us. He was older and had a small mustache. He wore an army green and white uniform with a gun in his belt. I shuddered at the sight of it. He sat down at his desk and we sat on chairs on the other side. The officer grabbed a clipboard and pen from on the desk.

"So tell me," He started. "What was your relationship like with Caroline?" He pointed at me with his black pen.

"Well," This was going to be long.