Chapter 21- Let's Just End It

I decided to just bring it up. Not ask her directly, but ask her like what she would do and stuff. It was the best I could come up with.

At school, I saw Kristen and started talking to her.

"Heyyy how was math?" I smiled so she knew I was joking around.

"Sooo much fun." She rolled her eyes.

"Hey so you wanna meet up for shopping later? Like 5 o'clock?" I asked,hoping she'd agree.

"Sure! Omg I totally need more clothes, I'm so glad you asked." She replied. I waved goodbye and started waiting for 5:00.

When 5:00 finally arrived, I met Kristen at Forever 21. She was checking out some ripped jeans so I decided to scare her. I hid behind her and suddenly grabbed her back. She reached my right arm and tugged as hard as she could. She was REALLY strong.

"Ow!" I shouted. She whipped around and released my arm.

"Oh my- I'm so sorry Amanda! I didn't know it was you-oh my god are you okay?" She frantically asked.

"Yeah I'm fine. You're strong." I said, wondering what her response would be.

"Haha it comes in handy." She winked and apologized again. Okay...creepy..., I thought, but let it go. We started shopping when I began the "interrogation".

"Hey so where did you use to live?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" She replied. "I've always lived here."

I tilted my head, confused. "You told me you lived in another state. When I first met you."

"Ohhh." She held it longer than needed. "Well I was born in Kentucky. Maybe that's what you thought I said." She shrugged and went back to shopping, obviously wanting this conversation to end. But I definitely wasn't done yet.

Super duper sorry for yet another short and boring chapter!! Lots of action coming up, so I wanted to set the tone and settle things down a bit before then. But the next chapter will be better I promise! :)