Chapter 16- Yet Another One

The next day at school was pretty uneventful, up until 4th period. I was walking in the hallway to get water when I saw Liam. At first, I didn't acknowledge him, but then he started talking to me.

"It wasn't me, you know," he said. He looked up at me.

"Oh yeah? Well then who did it? And don't say you don't know because you weren't there, because we all know you were." I replied bluntly. I stopped walking, and stood in front of him.

"Fine," he answered, shuffling his feet. "Okay? I was there. But I didn't do i-"

"Well then who did?" I interrupted.

"That's the thing...I don't know" Liam said. His gaze shifted from me to the end of the hallway.

"Oh, I thought we were done with the lies. I guess not, huh?" I said back. He cannot possibly think this lie is working. It's not even believable.

"God Amanda, you never believe a word I say! What's with you?!" He shouted. Thankfully, no one else was in the hall.

"Are you kidding me? How am I gonna believe someone who admits they were at a crime scene, then says they have no idea who did it? Huh? Does that sound reasonable to you?" I yelled. Man, every time we talk it's a fight.

"It's hard to believe but...I don't know, you just have to, you have to," he looked like he was begging me.

"Yeah right," I replied. "How do you NOT know? You were freaking there!"

"It was dark, it was late, I was tired, I was in shock.." He stated. With every new excuse he numbered them on his fingers.

"Well I'd think someone would pay just a bit more attention when their girlfriend is getting killed!" Right after I said it, I heard the hall door open.