Chapter 15- All Black Affair

About 1 week later was Caroline's funeral. It was in a cemetery with lots of bright colored daisies and tulips. It looked beautiful. I know Caroline would've loved it.

I saw a lot of familiar faces when I got to the funeral, including Caroline's family, my family, some school friends, a few teachers, Liam, and even Kristen. I thought that was weird. But who knows, maybe they were just showing respect. Of course, Caroline's family spoke first, and then I did.

"Caroline IS my best friend. She always will be. Nothing-not even this-will change that." I paused and already started to shed a tear. "Caroline is the type of person who will help you all the time, and never, ever expect anything in return. She will have fun and laugh, but knows the exact right moment to be sincere, and listen. And Caroline is never fake. She was always being 100 percent, completely herself, around anything and anyone. She'd crack the corniest jokes and STILL make people laugh, because of her charm." I took another breath. "And most of all, Caroline always had that silly, beautiful, sarcastic, lovely smile on her face. And that is how I will remember her. At the happiest of times, with the smile I know and love about her." I stepped down, crying, as everyone clapped.

Once everyone had spoken, we went up one at a time to the casket and said our final words to Caroline. I told her that I loved her, and underneath a yellow daisy on top, I placed her half of the best friends necklace I bought, and all I could think about was her. Nothing else mattered. Not the bad things, just the good things. The memories, the laughs, the smiles, the friendship.