Chapter 33- Can I?

"Liam!" I shouted. It was finally the day he could leave. But first, he had to wake up. I smacked him lightly (not wanting to mess up any tubes or wires or whatever) with a pillow. He groaned and rolled over. "My god you're lazy."

"Mandyyyy," he said tiredly.

"Come on, wake up." I pleaded. "All you have to do is get some blood work and get one last final check up stuff, and then we can leave." With that he sat up. He still had a bandage wrapped around his right shoulder, but the doctor said he could take it off when we got home.

"Lets go," Liam said to me, ready to start and to home already. I called in the doctor, he made me leave, and Liam got his blood work done. I wandered around whole Liam got checked for the last time. Once that ordeal was done, I went back into his room. He had more bandaids on his arms from the shots. The doctor told us what to do when we got home and a bunch of other boring stuff about what they did or something. I could tell Liam was bored as well. He leaned back and was staring at the ceiling, but the doctor didn't seem to mind. Or maybe he didn't notice, I don't know.
-----
2 hours later, I drove Liam to my house. I had to take his car since it was the only one here. In the car, we listened to the radio and sang along to almost every song. I realized that I had never asked my mom if Liam could stay with us, so I decided to call her. Liam told me to put it on speaker, and I did, but I told him not to talk. My mom would get mad if he was already on the way to my house, since I never technically asked her yet.

"Hey. Amanda?" My mom asked.

"Hi mom." I answered. "I have a question."

"Mhmm," she said.

"So, you know how I was at the hospital for a friend? Well," I paused, thinking of how to phrase this. "Well he got his arm removed, and he's allowed to home today." I stated.

"Oh well that's great," she replied. "Does that mean you're coming home?"

"About that, well he doesn't have anyone to take care of him, so I was wondering if he could stay at our house for a bit." I bit my lip, hoping she'd say yes.

"Oh, um, sure sweetie. Yeah, that'll be fine." My mom said. "Are you and him, you know like dating?" She almost whispered, but it was still loud enough for Liam to hear. He immediately started laughing, so I turned the phone off of speaker.

"Mom!" I harshly whispered back.

"Okay, okay, if you say so," she responded. "But I have to go back to work honey. You can take care of him though, right?"

"Yeah mom. Love you. Bye." I hung up and turned to Liam.

"She thought we were dating?" He asked, still smiling from laughing. I nodded.

"She's, weird." I answered.

Liam turned back around, smiling still. "So weird."