~ 10 ~

~ Chapter Ten ~

Libelle continued to introduce me to more people. Or should I say single men? I wasn't stupid. She first introduced me to those single warriors. Then we came across a swordsmith and his apprentice. Then came more warriors.

She's trying to play matchmaker here. But I won't make it easy on her. I didn't bother getting to know them. And they didn't make the effort either.

I'm currently walking around, alone. I was able to sneak away from Libelle. My feet were actually aching since Libelle had yet been able to produce me some pair of shoes. She took away my hiking boots, saying how ugly they were.

The old woman may be sweet-looking but she's vicious. She'll do whatever she wants to get what she wants.

As I walked around, I spotted Kaene with a few men. They all seemed to be having a serious discussion. I slowly walked closer. But one man, with a darker skin tone, looked up at me. I momentarily stopped because he said something to the group of men. They all stopped and turned to me.

Kaene walked over and smiled at me. Although I can tell he was displeased to have been interrupted. "Miss Kaida, I think I haven't introduced myself properly. My name is Kaene, Son of Xenon, the Dragon Master."

"Hello." I looked past him, indifferent to his title, to see the men he was talking with. They all looked well built, fit, and full of muscles. Some were shirtless, but the guy who spotted me wasn't. He continued to stare bordly at us. His eyes were light brown and his dark brown hair was wavy.

Keane, seemingly annoyed, wrapped an arm around my shoulders, guiding me to the group he was speaking with. "Since my mother is playing matchmaker, I shall help."

Was it that obvious? Maybe that's the reason why many of the people we met weren't that welcoming. They don't want me to choose them as a potential mate.

Fine by me! I don't want to be quickly thrown into a lifelong commitment anyway.

"Men, I'd like to introduce you to Kaida." Kaene let go of my shoulders as he stood silently next to me. A few guys murmured a hello before walking off.

Only four men remained, excluding Kaene.

The dark skinned guy spoke up. "My name is Zander." I smiled at him, he's one of the few who actually introduced himself. But he, unfortunately, didn't smile back.

The guy next to him, was lighter skinned. He had brown curly hair that fell just around his shoulders. He had beautiful brown, green eyes. He introduced himself with a smile. "And I'm Landon."

A few others also introduced themselves, but my focus was on Zander and Landon. They seemed like the complete opposite, personality wise. One is the silent broading type and the other is the friendly loud one.

"Is this the woman you saved, Keane?" Asked Landon.

I turned to Kaene with the question readable on my face. He's the one who squashed that ogre?

He looked down at me with a neutral smile. "Yes. I heard your scream. And after sniffing you, I noticed that you had a similar smell to my mother."

"A similar smell?"

He nodded. "My mother may be a dragon now, but her distinctive mortal smell will always belong to her. That's how I knew you two must've been alike somehow."

"Oh." So would he have left me if I didn't carry the same human scent he spoke of? That's kinda cruel of him. Looking up at him, I don't see anything sincere in that smile of his.

"Kaida! There you are." Libelle came waddling over as quickly as possible. I can see that she's a bit tipsy. "Ah, I see you've met more men. Good. Good. By the full moon, Xenon will ask you to name the men you're interested in. Then the dragon fights shall begin!" She fell over, Kaene catching her in time, as she giggled.

Kaene took Libelle back to the entrance of the cave. It still surprises me that I've been inside a cave all this time when I've been thinking it was some sort of regular building with cool glowing rocks.

Landon chuckled. "Well it's best we all go in now. Everyone is beginning to get drunk. It was nice meeting you." He, along with the rest of the men walked off.

Everyone besides Zander.

He stared at me. Yet I couldn't really tell what he was thinking. I wonder what can I say to break the silence.

I look up at him with a timid smile. He's so intimidating. "Um.. You think you can help me find my room? I don't know my way inside."

I could just slap myself in the face. I asked him to be my tour guide. I hope he didn't take offense to that.

"Follow me," he said and began to walk.

I quickly followed him. But because his legs are longer, he still managed to be in front of me.

As I followed him, I noticed how well toned his butt was. Not to be a perv or anything but I never realized how attractive a butt can be.

I'm not crushing on Zander. It's just. The guys I used to know were lanky and seemingly weak.

This man before me, looks like a strong man. I can tell he trains every inch of his body. Or is it the dragon genes that make everything twice as big? He's even super tall, like a mountain!

Maybe I'm into strong types? I never really had a boyfriend because no guy really caught my eye. Sure I had a few crushes here and there, but I never persued it because all they had going was their cute, baby face.

"We're here." He said, snapping me back to reality.

I stared at the familiar door. I purposely scratched the bottom in case I ever got lost and didn't know what door would be mine.

Zander actually managed to find it quickly. I probably would have gotten lost.

I said a quick thank you, before going into my room.

Once inside my room, I let out a sigh. Tonight was not what I had anticipated. I didn't expect everyone to act.. Normal. People sat, ate, and laughed with one another. Just like what I would do when I'd eat dinner with my parents and sister.

As I laid on the bed, angry tears began to spill. I honestly, desperately, wished that these dragons would have acted barbaric. Perhaps then, I wouldn't have accepted my decision of staying so easily.

*** *** *** *** *** ***

A/N

Posted: 6/2/19

Kaida's views on these dragons are slowly changing. She's slowly accepting this world. Her thick stubborn walls are slowly crumbling down!

Comment. Vote. & Share 😁