Today is gonna be Exceptional

Milo's POV.

I woke up to my phone vibrating on my chest. I groaned, wiping the sleep from my eyes. I pulled the phone to my face and winced at the brightness, Y/N's contact picture showed up on the screen, I answered quickly.

"Hello?" I asked, cringing at my morning voice.

"Good morning Milo!" she says "I was just making sure you were up"

"Well now I am" I chuckled, rubbing my eyes again.

"Sorry I woke you" she says, giggling slightly "anyways, I need to get dressed, I'll see you at the bus stop!" She says before hanging up.

I smiled as I got up, I looked to the street lamp still on my bedroom floor as I started getting dressed, adjusting my sweatervest before heading down stairs.

(Forgot to mention, your in like 9th grade at this point, so you moved there at the start of 9th grade)

I smelled the bacon as I neared the kitchen, my mouth watering as I took deeper sniffs.

"Morning Milo" My dad said as I sat down next to him.

"Morning dad" I said. Sara came down and sat across from me.

"What were you screaming about last night?" She asked as she pushed her chair in.

"Oh, I had a nightmare" I mumbled.

"Really? It sounded like you were yelling Y/N's name" She teases.

"The nightmare was about her" I said, folding my arms.

"That's kind of cute, just if you start dreaming about her again, don't scream so loud" Sara says.

Mom puts bacon in front of us before sitting down.

"Eat, you need to catch the bus" she tells me, pointing at my food "my little almost 10th grader"

"Mom" I groaned "I've barely started 9th grade"

"And he's already been rejected" Sara smirks.

"Rejected? By who?" Dad asks.

"Just a girl I thought was cute.." I mumbled "I guess that's why I had that nightmare"

"What do you mean sweetie?" Mom asks while I poke at my food.

"Well the girl I asked out said she didn't want to date me because she was scared of Murphy's law, she said she had a fear that it would hurt her" I say softly "And I didn't-I don't want to lose Y/N because of this stupid law" I closed my eyes, feeling the tears comeing again. "I'm going to catch the bus" I stood, wiping my face and picking up my bag, walking out the door, bacon in my mouth.

It took me a bit longer to arrive at the bus stop because I was watching my feet, steping out of the way whenever something fell or caught on fire. I stood by the bus stop pole, looking at my feet until my eyes were covered and everything went black.

"Guess who!" Piped a familiar voice.

"Mmm Y/N" I said, turning around In her grasp, we both laughed as I hugged her, mentally noting her laugh was my new favorite sound.

"Everything alright from last night?" She asked. I stepped back, keeping my grasp around her.

"Thanks to you letting me call you" I smile at her.

"No problem" She says.

"Hey Guys" I heard Zach and Melissa approach, I released Y/N and waved at my two best friends.

"Hey" I said.

"How's Y/N doing on the song?" Zach asks.

"I think I'm doing good, Milo and I practiced for a long time last night" Y/N says.