The Storm

Homecoming...

Well the day before anyways....

The announcements for it kept getting horribly cringe worthy and belonged in a try not to cringe compilation: impossible addition

"If your excited for homecoming clap your hands" followed by a clap "Tickets are for sale now" Another clap "buy them now so you're not the last one" followed by another clap. "Only 10 for one 15 for two" then the announcements would end.

My mom insisted on giving me money to buy the tickets, but everytime I passed by the booth it felt like it weight a ton in my pockets.

I felt myself sweat drop when I passed with Zach and Melissa.

"Is everything okay Milo?" Zack asks. I jumped.

"Oh um my mom wants me to ask Y/N to homecoming like how you two are going but I can't..I just can't buy the tickets" I said, panicking "and I need to find a way to ask her tonight because the dance is tomorrow, and what if she already has a-"

"Milo, give me your money, and she's free, I just texted her, she was thinking of going solo so she already has a dress and was going to buy her ticket at the door" Melissa says, holding her hand out. I placed my money in her hand slowly.

She then turned around, said something I couldn't make out and turned back around.

"Two dance tickets" she smiles. I slowly take them from her.

"And we can help you ask her" Zack says, smiling.

"No I think I got it" I said softly, "you guys can be there if you want"

"Yeah like a big study group" Melissa smiles. I nod.

"I already know how I'm gonna ask her" I said, "and thanks for going to be there, My stomach is already doing backflips just thinking about it"

---------------------------<||>-------------------------

You walked out of the building, Melissa telling you earlier they were all carpooling with Milo back to his house.

"Over here Y/N!" You hear Melissa's voice" You look over, smiling as you walked over.

"So a band meeting at Milo's house?" She asks.

"All but Mort, he threw up after 5th period" Zach said.

"Oh poor guy" You said.

"Hey guys! Ready to head to my place?" You heard Milo's voice and felt the butterfly form in your stomach. You turn to face him, nodding.

"Great lets go" Melissa says, looking at Zack "I'll race you" she smirks.

"You're on, see you guys at the car" Melissa and Zack run off to Milo's mom's car.

"And then there was two" you say softly.

"Yep" Milo said, popping his p slightly as you both started to his mom's car.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Milo's POV

We arrived at home and my stomach dropped to the floor.

"Are you feeling okay Milo?" Y/N's voice erased me from my thoughts. She had a hand on my forehead, checking if I had a fever. "You're a little red, I think you have a fever"

"N-no I'm okay" I stuttered, looking at Melissa and Zach. They got up from their spot on the floor.

"We're going to get a snack, c'mon Zach" Melissa says, pulling Zach along with her.

"And then there was two" I said, looking at Y/N. She releases a small giggle.

"Yeah" she says. I took a deep breath and looked at her.

"Y/N?" I asked. I'm so screwed. She looked at me her e/c eyes wide.

"Yes Milo?" She asks.

"Will you...come with me?" I asked, standing up. I offered her a hand and helped her up. Her fingers interlocked with mine as we headed to my room. 

"Milo is everything okay?" She asks me as I shut the door. I looked back at her.

"Y/N...." I started.

"Milo....?" She questioned. I took a deep breath.

"Look Y/N, you're the best thing that's ever happened to me...you're one of the people who stayed with me after you learned about Murphy's Law" I said, my eyes closed, I didn't want to see her reaction. "I'm no prince charming" I said, finally opening my eyes "but will you be my Cinderella to homecoming tomorrow?" I suprized myself when I didn't stutter. Y/N looked pale.

"M-m-Milo" she started. (Here comes rejection) "I'd love to be your Cinderella" she says. I looked at her before she rammed into me, giving me a tight hug. I didn't hesitate to wrap my arms around her waist and hug her back. We released when there was a knock on the door.

"C'mon in" I said, looking to the door. Melissa and Zach walked in.

"How'd it go?" Melissa asked. I felt Y/N's gaze on me

"Well we're going to homecoming" I smiled.

"Finally" Zack groaned "can we go home now?" He asks. Y/N giggles. We all jumped at the loud bang of thunder, the lights went out.

"Kids?" My mom called, coming into my room.

"Yeah mom?" I asked.

"I want you all in the basement, we just had a severe weather warning and I want us all as safe as possible"

"Okay, c'mon guys" I led them to the basement.

Once in the basement, we sat on the couch, my mom, dad, and sara sat on chairs near us.

"We'll be okay right?" Zack asks, pulling his phone out. Melissa and Y/N also took out their phones to text their parents.

"Yeah Perfectly fine" Sara said, smiling. Thunder struck again, causing me to jump,I felt Y/N jump next to me. She slipped her hand into mine which I squeezed lightly.

"Everything is going to be okay Y/N" I whispered, doubting my own words. The H/C haired just nodded her head.

"What are we going to do if the dance has to be canceled tomorrow?" Melissa asks.

"No they can't cancel it, they'll probably move the date" Zach replied. I swallowed the lump that was taking up half my throat.

"I'm sure the rain will clear before then" Y/N says softly "I can feel it in my bones"

"And if your bones are wrong?" Zach asks. Y/N looks at him.

"My bones are never wrong" She says sternly.