Confidence

Milo's POV

I smiled as I entered the school building with Y/n. I knew what I was going to do today and it was ask Y/n on a real actual date. It was going to happen whether I could get the words out or had to write them on a whiteboard.

"I'll see you in second period okay?" Y/n's voice chirped and knocked me out of my thoughts.

"Oh! Right, I'll see you then N/n" I said, waving as she entered her math class. I continued walking to my own English class.

As I sat in class, my mind wandered to Y/n and how I would ask her.

'Should I ask Zach for help?' I asked myself 'he did ask Melissa out at the camp, so maybe he could- no I've gotta do it all on my own' I gave a determined nod.

"Milo did you have the answer?" The teacher asked, making me flinch.

"Uh 3?"

"This is English Milo" the teacher reminded as the bell rang for the next period. I jumped out of my seat, grabbed my bag and sped to science.

I sat at mine and Y/n's lab desk and patiently waited for her.

When the bell rang for class to begin, I frowned when Y/n wasn't in her seat.

"Maybe she's late" I mumbled.

"Actually, she had to go home in first hour" Zach said. "She said she didn't feel well and ended up vomiting in The garbage can. It felt more gross than homecoming"

"Oh" I said, feeling my confidence drain from me in that moment, until my phone vibrating. I picked it up, knowing the teacher wouldn't care and I smiled at Y/n's contact name.

From: Cutie💜
To:Me
Message: Heya Milo, I'm sorry I couldn't come to science, as Zack probably already told you, I threw up. My parents picked me up and turns out I have the Stomach Flu, so my new bedroom is the bathroom floor. I'll see you in about a week.

From:Me
To: Cutie💜
Message: Why don't I come see you after school?

From:Cutie💜
To:Me
Message: Milo, I don't want you getting sick

From:Me
To: Cutie💜
Message: Please, I'll stay outside the bathroom. I promise

From: Cutie💜
To: Me
Message: Alright☺ I'll see you later then💙 now pay attention.

From: Me
To: Cutie💜
Message: Yes Ma'am

I smiled as I began paying attention.

The rest of the day went too slow for my taste but as soon as the last bell rang, I ran out of the school building, not even taking a look back at any chaos I may have caused as I sprinted to my mom's car.

"Y/n's house please! I promised to visit her because she went home early" my mom chuckled.

"Alright Milo, I've gotta go the speed limit though" Mom said as she began driving.