When Y/n's Gone pt2

3rd's POV

They finally arrived outside the mall and hopped out of the car. Somehow we ended out with no accidents and minor dents in the car. The Trio got out of the car.

"I'll be here" Mr. Murphy said, handing his son some money.

"okay Mr. Murphy" Melissa nods and the trio ran inside.

"okay Melissa, you've shopped with Y/n before, where does she usually shop?" Zach asked as Milo avoided people.

"well usually she likes s/n(store/name) so maybe we can find something there" Melissa said.

"She likes Love Handle, doesn't she?" Zach asked.

"yes, yes she does" Milo said "we listen to it when we hang out at her house" he said.

"you guys hang out at eachother's houses?" Zach asked, glancing at Melissa

"if course we do" Milo said, as he walked into a store, "we call them our non official dates. We hangout and sleep over"

"oh" Zach said as Melissa wandered off. "What do you do on these non official dates?" he asked.

"depends on whos house we go to" Milo said, scanning the posters "when we're at Y/n's house we sometimes bake with her mom and other times go exploring in her backyard forest" He said "and when we're at my house we play boardgames or walk around the neighborhood" he shrugged as it wasnt a big deal to him.

"do you sleep in seperate beds?" Zach asked, deciding to look at a figure from Y/n favorite show. This brought a blush to Milo's face.

"w-well it depends on how cold it is" he said, pulling out a love handle poster from the racks.        

"got something?" Zach asked

"love handle" Milo said, handing Zach the poster. Zach took hold of the poster.

"let's go find Melissa" he said. Milo nods.

"let's go" he said. The boys then walked off to go find Melissa.

~later~

The trio walked outside and noticed that Milo's dad was nowhere to be seen.

"I thought your dad was going to wait right here" Melissa said.

"guess something must have came up" Milo said. "we can walk, its no big deal" he started off towards his house, followed by Melissa and Zach.

"do we know where we're going?" zach asked.

"nope, but im sure we'll get there, things always work out" Milo said.

"yeah, maybe when Y/n is-" zach was cut off by the sound of something snaping. The trio looked over to a construction site, a cable snapped and there were now 4 big poles rolling at them at a quick speed due to the decline.

"RUN!" The Trio screamed as they ran away quickly. Unfortunatly, thanks to Murphy's law a pole knocked the trio off their feet and where now riding the pole.

"This is why we don't do things when Y/n isn't around" Zach said, however he was ignored by Melissa and Milo's screams of excitment.

"Duck!" Milo yelled, the trio ducked to avoid the bridge railing and they fell into the river on the pole. Melissa was still clutching the bag, not wanting it to get wet.

"well this is great" Zach said.

"Diojee?" Milo asked, seeing his dog swim over and start pushing the pole to shore.

Eventually, after three more unatural disasters, the trio finally arrived at Milo's house.

"And that's why we don't do things without Y/n" Zach said, taking his gift for her. Milo aNd Melissa nod, taking their own presents for her.

"see you guys then" Milo waved and walked into his house and to his room. Luckily he had left his phone home so it wasnt broken, he checked for any notifications. He realized he had a few messages and missed calls from Y/n. As he was about to call her, she called again. He answered.

"y/n?" he asked.

"milo, what happened?" she asked "I had a feeling something bad happened and when i called you didn't answer, i got worried" Milo smiles at the worriedness of her voice.

"we went to the mall and i left my phone at home, im fine, dont worry cupcake" he said, a happy tone if voice. "isn't it almost dark over there though?" he glanced at the clock.

"i couldnt sleep" she admitted "and it's only 8:30pm"

"Y/n you have an early flight to catch tomorrow, you should be sleeping" Milo said.

"I know, okay, I'll go to sleep" She said.

"okay, goodnight Y/n" Milo said.

"night!" she said before hanging up. Milo released a sigh as he set his phone down. He had yet to tell Y/n that he loved her and it was eating at him. And sure they had kissed before, but he didn't get to do it before she left, he was almost craving it. He layed back.

"she'll be back for thanksgiving" Milo said softly "I can say everything i need to then" he fell asleep rather quickly despite it being 6pm.