Its been two days.

Nate was a forgetful person, which Matt often found endearing, like how he would forget to take Rylo out when he got home or how he would forget deadlines he would have to meet.

But sometimes it got a little bit more severe. 

"Nate!"

"Yes?"

"Did you eat anything today?"

"Ummmm...hmmm...I think so?" Nate responded with a shrug.

"Oh my god Nate, that is so bad for you! You have human needs that need to meet, you need food for a fuel system so you can function. You wonder why you get migraines it's because you end up staying up so late that you don't flush out the toxins in your brain that make you sick. Come on, babes, work with me here." Matt lectures from the kitchen. He often feels like he has to ask Nate if he did normal human being things because he can't trust Nate to do them on his own. "Did you even eat yesterday?"

"Do you want the truth?"

"Nate it's been two days since you've eaten something!" Matt sighs. Nate gets up from the floor, from where he was playing with rylo. He grabs a granola bar from the cabinet and takes a bite.

"Happy? Holy shit why is this so good." Nate asks, standing in front of Matt.

"Because you haven't eaten and so the shittiest thing can taste good. You need a real meal." Matt sighs, putting his hands on Nate's waist and putting him up on the counter. He was as light as a feather. "It concerns me how easily I can do that." Nate only shrugs.

"I don't got time for food or sleep. It's dumb."

"Baby doll, I don't want to lose you over not eating enough or being sleep deprived or dehydration. These things can seriously kill you. I can't live without you. Remembering is hard for you I understand, but we gotta work together here so you can be healthy. I love you too much to lose you."

"I love you too, Matt. I'll be better for you." Nate sighs.

"Good now lets make you a schedule to remind you." Matt smiles.

They were going to be ok.