Nightmare

Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring.

Silence

Ring. ring. Ring. Ring.

Silence

Ring. Ri-

"Holy fuck, Nate I swear to god it is 3 am why the hell are you calling me?"

OH MY GOD MATT. ITS COMING, ITS COMING HOLY SHIT.

"Nate? What's coming? Are you alright?"

THEY'RE COMING TO KILL ME OH GOD WHY.

"Ok try and relax, baby, I'm on my way over."

BE CAREFUL

"I will I promise I love you."

I love you too.

Matt sleepily got his shoes on and rushed out of his apartment to the parking garage to swiftly drive over to Nate's house. No way in hell was he dying tonight. Matt pulled into the guest parking of Nate's apartment before whipping his spare key out and jamming it in the door. He opened it carefully, locking it behind him.

"Nate?" Matt called softly as to not startle him. He heard soft sobs coming from Nate's bedroom. He quickly jogged after the sound. Carefully, he pushed open the door to see his boyfriend curled in on himself, crying softly. "Hey, hey, hey. Nateroo what's up baby?" Matt asked quickly, sitting down and pulling the shaking boy onto his lap.

"Oh my g-gof t-they a-a-a-are coming for us. Oh f-fuck."

"Who is?"

"The g-g-galactigons, w-who else?"

"Baby..the galactigons don't exist."

"W-What?"

"I think you had a nightmare baby boy."

"Oh, I-I'm sorry. I-it was just s-s-so real."

"No, no it's ok. I'll be here for you whenever you need me. But I think we should get you back to sleep."

"Matt what if they come back to get us."

"They won't, it's ok, while I'm here, nothing can ever come get you. I've got you now and forever. I'll protect you." Matt whispered into Nates's ear as he lay the pair down, setting Nate comfortably on his chest and he thread his fingers through his hair to help calm him down.

"I love you Matt, thank you." Nate said sleepily.

"Anytime baby. I love you too."

Soon enough, Nate was sleepily softly again.

That was the last time Matt would let Nate watch a scary movie without him.