Cars and motorcycles part 2

Nate couldn't really remember much when he woke up, he remembered leaving their house, a loud crash, a feeling of weightlessness. And lots of fear.

One by one the memories flooded back.

The play.

The bike.

The car.

Ash.

...Matt.

He must be furious.

Nate slowly opened his eyes, wincing at the blaring white light. The pain of his body set in. Everything hurt. His head, his chest, his arms, his hand? He didn't remember hurting his hand....

He turned his head slowly to the side, to see Matt squeezing his hand tight in his sleep. Nate smiles slightly.

"Matt." Nate croaks, voice hoarse from lack of use. Matt didn't budge.

"Matttt." Nate whines a little bit louder. Matt shuffles.

"Mattttttttttttt." Nate trued one more time. He noticed Matt blink his eyes open. He looked up at Nate before tackling him into a hug on the bed.

"Thank god you're ok baby." He whispered into Nate's ear.

"Matt I'm so sorry." Nate immediately said. Matt pulled away and stared him in the eyes, keeping his hands at both sides of Nate's head.

"Sweetheart you have no reason to be sorry."

"Matt I wrecked the bike." Nate responded quietly with tears in his eyes.

"Nathan Sharp, I couldn't care less if the bike got damaged. You're ok and that's all that matters. Fuck the bike, ok? You followed all the rules of the road this wasn't your fault." Matt punctuated his speech with a soft kiss. Nate smiles into it, how did he get so lucky.

"Thank you baby." Nate mutters. Matt smiles and pushes some of Nate's hair out of his face.

The nurse pushes open the door, wheeling in a cart of various injections, tools, and machines.

"Good evening, Mr. Sharp. How are we feeling tonight?" The nurse asked politely, smiling sweetly at mate. She was pretty, her black hair pushed in a messy bun, in the typical nurses scrubs.

"Umm...fine?" Nate asked. He didn't know how to respond.

"Well I'm here to check your vitals, bandage you up, and send you home with your lovely boyfriend here. My name is Mary." She stick her hand out for him to shake, which he does. She checks his blood pressure, heart rate, breathing. That sort of thing. She changes his bandages, has Matt sign a few things and he was free to go. Well with some help from Matt of course. His legs were stiff and his body aches, it took him some time to get to the taxi Matt had called. When they got home, Matt swept Nate of his feet and carried him inside their house. It was around three am and Nate was close to falling asleep. Matt pulled his jeans off before helping Nate get his off, frowning at the cuts and bruises. He got into bed next to Nate, pulling his closer so he was laying on top of Matt. The pair fell asleep soundly.

Nate woke up in more pain than yesterday and alone on the bed, there were pills on his nightstand that had a note from Matt.

Figured you should take these when you wake up. They are pain killers from the doctor. When you do, come down to the kitchen I have brekkie ready. Love you baby ;).

-Matt

Nate smiles and took his pills, staying in bed waiting for them to kick in.

He wanders down the hall into the kitchen where Matt was waiting with a cup of coffee.

"Good morning sunshine." He smiles and pushes the cup towards him. Nate smiles and pecks his lips, only to have Matt pick him up from his legs and kiss him longer.

"I love you." Nate whispers.

"I love you too boo." Matt smiles.