Back to the Job

A/N: Holy shit I'm finally back! I'm sorry it took me so long to write this after I posted that the hiatus was over. I just... I don't know wanted this chapter to be perfect! So um I hope you enjoy! Thank you guys so much for sticking a long through this journey! Let's get to the real plot now.
"Honeys I'm home!" You yelled as you walked down the steps to the morgue. "Hello to you too Y/NN." Liv laughed. Everyday you'd come in with a new thing to say. It was kinda your thing. You smiled "I'd hug you but it seems you haven't had lunch yet." You say to Liv who is currently holding a saw over someone's head. She smirked "Ravi's in the back. He's checking on the mice." You nod and walk to the back room. "Hey baby." He looked at you and smiled before looking back at the cages. You cocked an eyebrow and looked in the cages "Oh no..." Ravi let out a sigh "Yeah dead again..."  You patted his shoulder "It's ok Ravi. Just keep trying." He smiled at your motivation then kissed you. You kissed him back before pulling away. "I came to see if you need any help with a body and I brought lunch for you." You said handing him the tuberware you brought. He thanked you then nodded "Yeah while Liv eats you can go down with Clive to interrogate some subjects." You nod "Ok I'm off!" You waved to him and walked out the back room. "By Liv!" You wave to her. She waves back causing you to smile. You went back up to the top part of the morgue and then headed out to your car. You made your way down to the police station and then made your way in. "Y/N! Over here." You look towards the voice and it's Clive at his desk. You walk towards his desk and sit down in a chair. "Fill me in." Clive quickly filled you in on the case. The case was a teenage girl dying in an outdoor party. Her head had been cracked open and most of the brains were gone. You winced knowing it was zombie related. "Ok let's do this." You and Clive both walked into the interrogation room. First was the victims best friend. "How well did you know the victim?" The girl looked up "I knew Sarah since we were six! I should've never left her alone with her dumbass of a boyfriend." This made you curious "She was alone with her boyfriend?" You questioned. "She told me she'd be ok and I needed to use the bathroom so I left. Only for two minutes!" The girl cried. "Right..." We moved on to the boyfriend. "Yeah I was alone with her but she said she needed to take a leak suddenly I heard her scream and she was there. I got lost which is why it took me forever to get back to the camp." Then we went to the boyfriends best friend. "I was with Sarah's best friend Vic when it happened. We were Uh... having a bit of fun." You scrunched you face in disgust. Afterwards Clive automatically assumes the boyfriend while you assumed the best friends boyfriend since Vic said she was using the bathroom at that time. You shrugged and listened to Clive's "It's always spouses" speech. Suddenly you got a call. Your eyes widened "I gotta go Clive." You walked out the police station picking up the call. "Come here immediately." Then the call was over. You sigh and race to your bosses office.

Time skip in your bosses office

"If you think I've forgotten I haven't. I know what I'm here to do. That's proving that Liv is a zombie and taking her in for testing. I cannot have this world be taken over by zombies." You say in a serious tone. "Just keep in your mission. This Ravi guy seems useless." You grit your teeth "He's not sir. It's an easy way to get to he— that thing..." He nods. "Dismissed." You nod, bow, then make your way out. Sighing you run your hands through your hair. "God what am I going to do..." You had gone soft from your mission. Which was to retrieve evidence that Olivia Moore was a zombie. You didn't even think you'd find her this quickly. But now your boss is pushing you and you... couldn't do it. But you had to! If not he'd kill you. You've got this Y/NN... You think to yourself walking out of the building. You get in your car and slam your hands down on the wheel basically having a mental breakdown. "Ok breathe... Breathe... 3,7,8 method..." You breathed in for three seconds, out for 7, and held for 8 then did it again. The method is for anxiety and usually helps you calm down. "God dammit... I'm sorry Liv... I'm sorry Ravi..." You bit your lip, tears threatening to fall from your eyes "The Promises We Make." You mumbled to yourself hating that you made that promise. Hating that your new best friend would have to die.