I Hate Math Class

Staring down at the floor as I moved, walking through the sea of people without a sound. I made it soon enough to class and went to my seat near the window. As people started coming in, I started tuning them and their voices out, as I stared out the window. The sun shined brightly, it was giving off the kind of warmth that made you want to take a nap under it.

I watched as my classmates filled in the first two rows completely, leaving the whole third row that I was in empty. Slowly a frown formed on my face, as I pulled at the end of my pigtails that hung over my shoulders. I hated school so much, and just my luck I got my worst subject for my first period, Math. Leaning on my hands, I watched a bunch of guys come in loud and rowdy, thus earning a scowl from Mr. Roach.

Yes you heard right, his name is Mr. Roach just like the insect, and he was my Trig teacher. Mr. Roach is an old man in his late forties. He's not very tall and has a big belly, his black hair is almost fully white, and he hides his brown eyes with these big glasses. I guess you could say, he's a very strict teacher, because he doesn't play when he teaches. The only time you would see Mr. Roach smile is when he is teaching or talking about math. With everything else, he has his normal scowl on his face, that would scare anyone that sees it.

The bell for class to begin soon rang, and Mr. Roach stood up with a stack of papers. Those must be the graded tests from last Friday, and I closed my eyes. I just know I failed this test and I frowned down at my desk. Mr. Roach then stopped in front of my desk, and sat my test faced down, and I let out a small sigh. When he walked away, and I looked down. Slowly lifting my test peeking, a groan fell from my mouth, man another 60.

"Ok class, let's start."

First block always seemed to be the longest and hardest class. After we had finished out note taking, Mr. Roach said that we could take out test home and fix it, to get a better grade on it, if we needed to. When the bell had finally rung, I let out a breath that I was holding, getting my stuff together, standing up.

"Ms. King, please stay after."

Freezing in my spot, I stared at Mr. Roach and he took a seat at his desk. Looking down at the floor, I walked to his desk. He waited until everyone had left before he started talking.

"Can I see your notes."

Looking in my bag, I grabbed my math notebook handing it to him. He looked through it, and his eyebrows then rose up, and he sat it down.

"You take very good notes."

"Thank you."

"Melissa?"

Raising my head connecting eyes with him, he slid his glasses off.

"Yes?"

"So you find math hard?"

"Yes, Sir."

He leaned on his hands staring at me, he didn't have his usual scowl on his face.

"I see that you pay very close attention in class, but you are still struggling. What do you find the hardest?"

"The formulas, I just seemed to can't remember them."

"I see."

Lifting my head, he was tapping his chin with his index finger and I nibbled nervously on my lower lip.

"Melissa, would you like a tutor?"

My eyes widen, and I stared at him blankly for a moment.

"A tutor?"

"Yes, I have someone that is the top of my class, he could help you with the things you don't understand. Do you think that will help?"

Slowly I nodded my head, and he surprisingly gave me a smile leaning back.

"Ok, starting tomorrow, he will tutor you after school."

"Ok."

Mr. Roach then wrote me a note, seeing the bell had rung already. I don't remember it ringing again, but I took the note anyway. Quickly I went down the hall, the note in my hand.

A tutor huh, I wonder how this will go.