third.

the next morning when jimin woke up, he didn't want to get out of bed, and instead chose to snuggle under the blankets. he was going to drift back to sleep when his alarm rang, and he groaned before grabbing his phone to turn it off. but when he saw the phone screen, his eyes almost fell out of his head.

friday, may fourth

it was friday? jimin wasn't sure how tired he must've been yesterday when hobi had told him that jungkook would be flying in friday night. he quickly called hobi.

"h-hi, jiminie..." hobi said sleepily.

jimin panicked. "oh, i'm sorry for waking you up hyung, i'll call back later, you can go back to sleep..."

hobi laughed. "it's nearly ten o'clock anyway, jimin, relax." he heard hobi shuffling around for a bit. "what's up?"

jimin couldn't remember for a moment, and he shook his head to clear it. why had he called?

"oh," he said, suddenly remembering. "what time is jungkook's flight?"

"he said he'd arrive at six. so he could just stay the night at your place, right?"
hobi said.

jimin nodded to the phone. "yeah. sure. is he taking a cab, or..."

"nah, i'll probably just pick him up. maybe we can all go out to dinner, hmm?" hobi thought out loud.

jimin hummed back. "sure, hyung. sounds good." he laughed. "i should get to know him before i let him sleep in my house. i'm working tonight though, so just bring him to the restaurant."

hobi agreed. "i'll take tonight off."

***

that night, jimin made sure his apartment was presentable before he drove to work. he wasn't exactly nervous to meet him, but he was worried about what jungkook would think of him. he hoped he wouldn't embarrass himself, or hobi.

he turned off the car and went inside. seokjin was there.

"hello, jimin," he smiled. "have you eaten today?"

jimin shrugged. "i ate a bit. i'm kind of... i'm a bit hungry," jimin admitted softly.

technically they weren't allowed to eat food they hadn't paid for, or seokjin would've prepared a full meal for him. so, the kind elder improvised.

"well..." seokjin said, taking out a pair of chopsticks. "i'm still not over that cold. mind tasting for me?"

jimin smiled gratefully and took a bite of the stir fry that seokjin offered.

"it's good, hyung," he said, his mouth full. "actually, i'm not sure. maybe... i should have another bite?"

seokjin grinned. "of course, chef jimin."

jimin had a bite of the food, and was about to take another when hobi walked into the kitchen.

"woah there, love birds. jungkook's here."

jimin nodded and quickly put away the chopsticks. he thanked seokjin shyly and followed hobi outside.

jimin smiled shyly at the taller man sitting at the table, and held out a hand for him to shake.

"i'm park jimin. nice to meet you," he stuttered, making eye contact.

jungkook had dark hair and round eyes. he wore a dark shirt and dark jeans, and would look intimidating if it wasn't for the adorable bunny tooth smile he gave.

"i'm jeon jungkook. nice to meet you too." he smiled. "i see you're a chef. that's cool!"

jimin blushed and shrugged. "i-i guess. not nearly as cool as a model."

jungkook laughed. "i don't want that to be permanent. that's why i plan on moving out here. i want a better job. something more stable."

jimin nodded. "of course. we can look for something while you're here."

jungkook nodded, and gestured for jimin to sit down, but he politely declined.

"i'm sorry, but i have to get back to work."

jungkook nods. "of course. see you later, then."

jimin nods and ran too the back room.

"sorry, hyung, i'm back."

seokjin smiled. "and?"

jimin frowned. "huh?"

"jungkook. how did it go?" he laughed at jimin's confusion.

"oh. he's... sweet," jimin grinned, putting a pot in the sink. "i'm kind of excited. but nervous. i hope he doesn't think i'm weird, you know? i'm usually pretty awkward with this kind of stuff."

seokjin laughed. "relax, jimin. he'll like you just fine."

jimin smiled and nodded. "i hope so."

***

jimin got off work at ten as usual, and he didn't expect jungkook to be in the dining area waiting for him.

"jungkook?" he frowned at the sleepy looking boy. "what are you still doing here? where's hobi hyung?"

"he went home," jungkook yawned. "he said i could come with him but why's the point if i'm supposed to go to your place anyway?"

jimin rolled his eyes and shook his head. "okay, then. let's go."

jimin locked up and drove home, with jungkook talking the whole way. he enjoyed listening to his rambles, bit he wasn't feeling very talkative at the moment.

when they got inside, jimin have a quick tour, and they both got ready for bed quickly as they were both exhausted--jimin from work and jungkook from his flight. so instead of getting to know each other which they both wanted to do (and what would've been the smarter option), they went into their separate  bedrooms and went to sleep.