ninth.

it was the next day, and jimin had told his new 'roommate' that he'd help him find a job. so the two of them were sat at the dining table, the breakfast things packed away and newspapers and phones out, scrolling through websites and flipping through advertisements.

"what are your skills?" jimin asked after finding a newspaper with many ads. "other than modelling of course."

jungkook nodded. "well, i've only ever been a model. i'm not too sure what i'd be good at."

"what about your interests and hobbies?" jimin presses, taking a sip of the juice he had poured himself.

the younger thought for a few moments before speaking. "well, i like singing and dancing. that won't get me anything stable though." he chuckled at himself before speaking again. "i don't have good english. uh... i like sports and i like teaching little kids. or anyone really." he shrugged.

jimin looked at the newspaper and scanned through all the options. one of them popped out to him.

"how about a personal trainer?" he asked.

his face fell when jungkook scrunched up his nose. "that involves yelling at people all day. i don't like the idea of it."

jimin nodded numbly and went back to reading. "um..." you could tell he was a lot less confident this time. "a dance teacher? for little kids."

he gave a soft smile when jungkook's eyes lit up, and he jumped forward to read the paper.

"dance teacher wanted. must be able to teach ages from 4-12." jungkook read out loud, and you could hear the excitement in his voice. "that's perfect!"

jimin ripped out the page and handed it to the excited man.

"thank you!" jungkook shouts, and jimin nodded simply in response.

***

"and his face just lit up, like a child on christmas," jimin used his hands when he was relaying the story to seokjin hyung, who had been released from the hospital but was on strict bed rest. "i can tell he'll love it."

seokjin smiled at the young boy's enthusiasm. "that's great to hear, jimin. but back to my original question." he ignored he boy's sigh. "how are you doing?"

jimin shrugged, and let a smile creep onto his face. "i'm pretty good actually. i ate breakfast this morning," he announced proudly. "i've been pretty good for the past few days."

seokjin smiled and closed his eyes. "that's great to hear. but if you're doing well, why were you avoiding the question?"

jimin shrugged. "i dunno. i'm used to it, i guess."

his hyung clicked his tongue and almost nodded but stopped himself just in time to avoid searing pain that surely would've caused him to scream.

"jiminie?" he called out.

"yeah?"

"you know i love you and want what's best for you right?"

he tightened his lips at the younger's pause. "yes, of course. i love you too."

"then please take my advice. i've been telling you to go to a doctor for months, jimin. why do you refuse?" he asked, his voice cracking at the end.

"i..." jimin sighed. "you know why. i've told you. doctors are for people who are sick." he took in a shuddering breath and continued. "i'm not sick."

"doctors are there to help you, jimin," the elder begged. "think of it as a check up."

"but why would i need a check up?" jimin asked, tearing up slightly. "do you think i'm sick, hyung?"

seokjin nearly shook his head but the neck brace gave him a reminder not to. "of course not. you're not sick. you only need help."

"help with what?" jimin whispered.

it was seokjin's turn to cry. "jimin i want you to love yourself! i want you to be healthy and i want you to be happy!"

the pair was silent, and let a few minutes pass. nobody could think of anything to say, until jimin let out a barely audible whisper.

"i can't."

---

i feel like there's not much plot.