thirteenth.

jungkook was gone.

of course, it was only for three days. but he was back in busan, and jimin was alone.

even before jungkook arrived, jimin hated living alone. it was depressing and he spent a lot of time either at work or out with family or friends. but now that he knew what it felt like to have a roommate, he felt even more alone.

so after jungkook left, the first thing jimin did was clean. his apartment was already clean but he washed the windows and the fridge, and he vacuumed the carpet. he rearranged all the furniture in the living room, but decided he didn't like it and changed everything back.

when he accepted that there was nothing else to clean, he sat down in the living room and wondered to himself– what did he do all day before jungkook came?

oh. the television.

he turned on the tv to be greeted with a rerun of an old cartoon. he didn't bother changing the channel and snuggled into the sofa, giggling at the funny bits and eventually falling asleep.

***

"two orders of spicy vegetable curry!"

jimin rushed to take out a pot and poured the pre-cut vegetables into it. he put in the spices and turned on the stove before turning back to the sponge cake he was plating.

usually he wouldn't have to make so many dishes at once, but seokjin wasn't there of course, and namjoon had taken an earlier shift. with half an hour left to go, he was proud that he hasn't burnt or forgotten any dishes.

he was so focused he didn't notice hoseok walk into the kitchen until he passed him a glass of water.

"jimin, slow down," he said, brushing at his hair. "you're doing well on your own. only fifteen minutes until closing, and it's a slow night tonight. nobody has walked in for a while."

jimin nodded and drank the water greedily, finishing the whole glass in one go. he put it down and panted slightly, and hoseok chuckled.

"t-thanks, hyung," jimin gave a smile and put the glass down, and turned to the stove.

hoseok put a hand on his arm. "i'll take care of it, jimin."

the younger frowned. "it's not your job, and you can't cook."

"rude," he huffed. "at least let me help," he pouted, and jimin giggled before agreeing.

the two boys played around while they finished all of the orders and got them out on time, some with extra sauce or little lettuce because of hoseok's lack of experience, but who cares?