twentieth.

jungkook was malcontent.

he couldn't decide if he was sad or angry or just upset, so malcontent seemed to sum up his feelings quite well.

why was he malcontent?

because his kind and loving jimin hyung, who had brought him into his home and cooked for him and looked out for him was crying in his bedroom and it was jungkook's fault.

the younger was being selfish. he knew that jimin was uncomfortable and he knew that he was self conscious but he was so childishly caught up in his own dreams that he hadn't realized. now, jimin was in his bedroom and the only thing jungkook could do was wait for him.

he had gone to him, of course, but that was the worst. jimin's sobs were so utterly heartbreaking and he wasn't even able to give a proper response to the younger so he left.

what was jungkook supposed to do? of course he would apologize, but he needed a way to get jimin out of his room.

then he had an idea. what's the most heartwarming thing you could do for a chef?

cook for him, of course!

jungkook knew that his hyung had problems with his eating patterns, but he knew that jimin would come out of his room if jungkook cooked for him.

and come on, he's jeon jungkook. he can do anything.

***

jimin was on his bed, curled up on his side– completely asleep. this happened often, whenever he was very upset and cried a lot, he usually fell asleep after.

when he slowly woke up, his eyes hurt from crying and his throat was sore but none of that mattered because he felt so guilty. he had promised jungkook that he would be his first student and that he'd try his absolute hardest to do well but he broke that promise completely and he felt like his guilt might swallow him whole.

he heard a soft yelp and a string of curse words come from the kitchen before he shot up straight in bed. what was happening?

the short boy stood up out of bed and stretched his arms before going to check on the younger. the sight he was met with made him laugh.

jungkook, wearing a pink apron, had a spatula in one hand and he mixed a pot of vegetable stir fry. there were two chopping boards out– one with the remnants of some sort of green vegetable and the other with carrot peels.

jimin looked around the mess of a kitchen and smiled softly. "jungkook?"

the younger spun around. "hyung! i wasn't– you weren't–," he sighed. "you weren't supposed to come out yet. i swear i was going to clean everything up."

jimin smiled softly. "i believe you." he glanced at the pot. "let me taste?"

jungkook nodded and held out a bit. jimin chewed and tried not to show the pure disgust on his face.

"how is it?" jungkook asked with a proud stance and an excited smile.

he returned the smile and chuckled softly. "have you tasted it yet?"

jungkook shook his head and took a bite. the elder giggled when jungkook made a face of pure disgust. "blech!"

jimin shook his head. "it's really not that bad! there's just too much salt."

he went over to the cupboard. "how much honey did you put in?"

jungkook frowned. "you put honey on here?"

jimin laughed. "yeah. well, i do."

he poured in a tablespoon and gave it a stir. he then asked jungkook to chop up a stalk of celery.

"the starch will counter the honey and the water will counter the salt," he explained to the curious younger.

ten minutes later, they were sat at the dining table, eating the delicious meal.

"jimin hyung..." jungkook spoke up. "i...have to apologize. you've done so much for me and i took you for granted. i didn't respect your boundaries and i pushed you to do something you didn't want to do."

jimin smiled softly. "i forgive you completely. i shouldn't've agreed to do something for you, knowing i couldn't. for that i am sorry."

jungkook grinned and shook his head. "no need to apologize."

they finished their food and jimin rested his head on the table. the other boy freaked out.

"jimin! are you okay?" he asked frantically.

jimin chuckled. "i'm fine! i'm fine. i'm just tired...really tired."

jungkook stood up and took a hold on jimin's arm. gently, he led the tired boy to his bedroom. "here you are."

he laid him down and even tucked him in, making them both laugh.

"night, hyung."

"goodnight, kookie."

jungkook carefully closed the door behind him and went back to the kitchen to clean up his mess, as he had promised he would.