fifteenth.

the next day, jimin had gone grocery shopping and had texted jungkook to see if he needed anything. instead of a text reply, the younger called him instead.

"hello?" the elder boy asked, holding his phone to his ear with one hand and the empty shopping basket in the other.

"hi hyung!" jimin smiled at jungkook's voice. "i've officially quit modelling as of this morning. jeon jungkook: the children's dance instructor," he says, proud of the unofficial title.

"you haven't gotten the job yet," jimin chuckled. "i'm not saying you won't, but you know..."

jungkook laughs from the other side of the phone. "i know! but i've been thinking. even if i don't get this job, i'm going to find the funds to host my own classes."

jimin raised his eyebrows as he inspected a can of whipped cream before placing it his basket. "that's awesome, jungkook!"

"right? i'm excited," he spoke on. "even if i do well at the interview this week and get the job, i'll only do it for only a little bit. i'll get enough money to get a studio and start my own classes."

jimin hummed. "i'm impressed, jungkook. you seem very passionate about this."

he heard a chuckle. "i am. thank you."

jimin picked up a can of diced pineapples and thought before picking up another one. "when's your flight?"

"tomorrow night. i'll reach at ten thirty."

"perfect," jimin smiled to himself. "that's half an hour after my shift."

"you've got to shorten your hours, jimin," jungkook said, startling jimin with his serious tone. "you'll overwork yourself."

jimin disagreed. "if people can work from 9 to 5 every weekday, i can work from 5 to 10 every day. i have less hours than most people," he explains.

jungkook clicked his tongue. "they don't have to stand for five hours in front of a hot stove. you should have at least one day off."

jimin shrugged. "i guess. i'll think about it. it's not like i'm busy at night, i don't have anything else to do."

"i'm moving in now," jungkook states matter of factly. "i can think of plenty of things we can do."

***

jimin got home and put all his groceries away. it was three o'clock, so he decided to make some stir fry to bring to seokjin before work. the elder was still on bed rest, and wasn't allowed to get up long enough to cook. so he and namjoon brought food for him a lot, so that their hyung wouldn't need to order take out.

he wrapped it up and drove over, raising his hand to knock on the door once he reached.

"who is it?" he heard seokjin softly call out. it seemed as if he had been sleeping, but what's the point of turning away now if he's already awake?

"it's jimin."

"come in."

he pushed the door open with his left hand and held the box with his right. he grabbed a pair of chopsticks from the kitchen before going to seokjin's room and pushing open the door.

seokjin was laying down in bed, eyes open and he called out to jimin. "come help me sit up, please."

the younger put the food on the side table and ran over to carefully help his hyung sit up.

"what'd you bring, jiminie?" seokjin asked, being able to smell the food.

jimin sat next to him and opened the box. "chicken stir fry. open up," he said, raising the chopsticks up to his mouth.

seokjin smiled and took the bite. "this is delicious," he said after swallowing. "thank you jiminie."

jimin squeezed seokjin's hand and smiled privately. "anything for you."

the two enjoyed each other's company as they were talking and joking. jimin told him all about how hoseok helped him cook and how much fun the two had had, leaving out the part that hoseok took him home because he didn't know about it.

seokjin knew though– hoseok had told him.

in the middle of a lull during their conversation, jimin got a phone call.

"it's jungkook," he said before answering. "hello?"

"hi jimin hyung," jungkook spoke

"are you busy?"

jimin paused before answering. "not really. i'm with seokjin hyung."

"oh. i just..had a question but it's sort of invading your personal life? but not really," jungkook spoke super fast like he was worried about rejection.

why would jimin reject him though? "of course. what's up?"

"i just wanted to make sure if you..." jungkook paused before finally asking his question. "have you eaten?"

jimin nearly choked on his oxygen. "n-not yet."

he heard jungkook's tongue click softly. "you went to seokjin hyung's, so you definitely brought food. is there enough for two?"

jimin had brought enough so that seokjin could have seconds or thirds or even more– he had brought everything that he cooked. "yeah, there's a lot."

"eat some of that," jungkook said. "please, for me."

jimin was speechless and a smile crept on to his face. "s-sure. okay. i will."

"okay great! you go do that and have fun with hyung," jungkook said before saying goodbye and hanging up the phone.

jimin didn't tell seokjin about the phone call and seokjin didn't ask– besides, he had heard the entire conversation. to make it easier for the anxious boy, he offered jimin the food as well and the younger ran off to grab chopsticks for himself. "thanks, hyung," he mumbled quietly before eating.

jungkook's phone call made two men very happy that night.