twenty fifth.

no matter how bad things get, sleep can make it go away for a while.

at least, that's what jimin thought.

"oh god, jimin, wake up already!"

the sleeping boy awoke with a start and was immediately hit with a wave of nausea. he clutched his stomach with one hand and gripped jungkook's shirt with the other, not expecting to be rudely shoved off.

"jeez, hyung." the younger rolled his eyes and stood up. i didn't expect you to sleep all night. i tried to lift you up, but you're so heavy!"

jimin's eyes burned with tears and he turned away holding his arms securely with his hands.

"don't cry, man. seriously, it's not healthy to be so sensitive." jungkook said before going to the bathroom.

why? was the only thought on jimin's mind as he sobbed into a couch pillow. jungkook had been so kind, what happened? was he only kind because he needed a place to stay? was he actually as rude and insensitive as he was just then?

jimin felt arms wrap around him, and he leaned into the mystery man. he cried harder when he heard jungkook's voice shushing him gently, and smelled the younger man's cologne.

***

"jimin hyung," jungkook whispered to the crying boy asleep in his arms. they were on jimin's bed, and the two had cuddled in their sleep all night. jungkook had tried to go back to his own bedroom, but a half asleep jimin had asked him to stay.

"hyung," jungkook whispered again. jimin was crying so hard that it was impossible to understand if he was saying anything. but he was still asleep, jungkook could tell that much. so he must've been dreaming.

he shook him lightly, and was relieved when jimin opened his eyes– but only for a moment. when he looked into jimin's swollen, bloodshot eyes, he hugged the elder tighter.

"n-no." jimin whispered, confusing jungkook enough to make him pull away.

"stay away," he spoke clearer, glaring daggers at his dongsaeng. "just...go away."

jungkook was heartbroken. why would jimin say this? did he do something wrong? was it because he cuddled with him at night? he felt a bit guilty, but he definitely didn't regret it. he loved jimin's warmth, and the smell of his hair...

in fact, jungkook had a few dreams of his own.

he was pulled back to reality when jimin stood up shakily.

"i want you out of my room." he spoke as clearly as he could.

jungkook stared up at him, shocked, until he realized: jimin must've been dreaming.

with this realization, jungkook physically relaxed. "hyung," he said, pulling him back onto the bed. "hyung, it was just a dream. nothing was real, okay?"

jimin fell silent, save for a few sniffles now and then. then he lurched forward and latched on to jungkook's shirt.

"i'm sorry.." he cried. "i'm sorry, i'm so sorry.."

jungkook comforted him for the second time in twenty four hours.

"it's okay, hyung. breathe, jiminie hyung, it's okay." he pulled jimin onto his lap, and frowned when he started crying again. jimin was so precious, he didn't deserve to cry so much. he deserved to be happy.

"baby." jungkook said, making jimin look up at him as he was startled by the name.

"it's okay." he whispered, letting a few tears out himself. in that moment, he wanted nothing more than jimin to be happy. "you're okay."

---

i realize it's unclear. the first part with the insensitive jungkook is a dream.