twenty second.

seokjin had stayed overnight upon jimi's request, since he wanted the elder to come with him to the early appointment. usually jimin woke up at seven am but today, both seokjin and jungkook had woken up before him.

the two ate breakfast at the table.

"what do you think is wrong?" jungkook asked, after seokjin had given him a summary of the events that occurred the night before. "do you think he's sick?"

the elder shook his head before speaking. "i think that he's getting sick, yeah, but not from a virus."

"from what, then?" jungkook asked before widening his eyes. "you don't think..."

seokjin nodded sadly. "i do think. and i hope that i'm wrong."

***

seokjin was half right.

they had gotten to the appointment right on time, and doctor wang checked jimin from head to toe and asked him tons of questions before stating his thoughts.

"i do think that you are ill, jimin. your blood pressure is low and you're fatigued. you're sporting a fever, too." the doctor sighed before continuing. "however. i do believe that it was your irregular diet and mental state that made you susceptible to the illness."

seokjin squeezed jimin's arm lightly in assurance, but the younger didn't react.

"it may not seem like a big deal, but i don't want you to be alone for this time," the doctor went on. "do you live alone?"

jimin shook his head.

"are you close with who's living with you?"

"yes."

"good. make sure that they know everything about what's going on, and i'd like you to make an appointment with the psychologist i recommended you to. do you still have the card?"

"yes," seokjin spoke up, surprising everybody.

"by next week, at least give him a call. okay?"

jimin nodded, and the two stood up and thanked the doctor before they left the room.