fourty first.

//i'm ready to end this book, guys. maybe into chapter 45? or 50?

"hyung?" jungkook asks, rubbing his eyes as he walks into the kitchen sleepily. "w what're you—" he cuts himself odd with a yawn, "doing?"

jimin turns around, a shy smile on his face as he moved to hug the younger, who didn't hesitate in hugging him back tightly. "morning, kookie. m just makin breakfast for you!"

jungkook chuckles, kissing his head. this new atmosphere of being boyfriends instead of just roommates came so naturally, and both of them felt as if it was natural— it wasn't forced from either end at all.

jimin pulls away to put on an oven mitt and open the oven, pulling out a cupcake tin that had something yellow in four of the little sections. "i made omelette bites!" he put them on a cooling rack, turning to pull jungkook to the living room.

he lays down practically on top of him, sighing into the warmth as he feels the younger's fingers carding through his hair. "bunny," he says quietly, giggling. "s a cute name!"

jungkook chuckles, thinking back to jimins little space and how he doesn't know. but this moment was so perfect and he didn't wanna ruin it.

he looks down at the elder, who was sucking on his fingers with a slight pout as he shut his eyes— he was probably exhausted from the night before. maybe he was in little space? jungkook wasn't sure, but he knew it would help the elder relax, so he decided to help a little.

"hey, jiminie," he speaks quietly, purposely left out the hyung, "hows my baby doing, hm?"

"doin good, kookie," he whispers back. "m really happy."

jimin wasn't sure what this feeling in his mind was; but he was loving it and jungkook wasn't complaining, so he let it overtake him.

"yeah? my happy baby," jungkook moved him so that he straddled his lap, making eye contact with him as the elder sucks on his fingers.

"mhm! happy," he says, his stomach growling loudly enough for both boys to hear, making them giggle.

"aw, my hungry boy. let's go get some of that yummy breakfast you made, yeah? talented boy," he lifts him up, settling him into a dining chair before going to place two omelette bites into a plate, and grabbing two forks before going to sit next to the elder.

"kookie!" jimin mumbles after being fed a bite. "'s good," he rubs his stomach, his hand shaking as if he could barely control it, clearly slipping even younger. "y yum," he pushed the fork toward jungkook, so that he could taste it too. "aah!"

"i'm eating, i'm eating," he smiles, taking a bite from his own fork. "it's delicious, love!"

"deeelicious!" jimin proclaims, holding a thumbs up proudly after three failed attempts.

"little chef," jungkook smiles, kissing his forehead. "my little boy."

"l little..." jimin whispers, climbing to sit in jungkooks lap as the elder continued eating— jimin has only eaten half of the tiny breakfast but it was enough for him.

"yes, kookie's little baby," he smiles, swallowing the last of the food.

jimin curls his fingers into the fabric of jungkook's t-shirt, sighing in content as he shits his eyes. "sleepy.."

"sleepy?" jungkook pushes the plate back and stands up, lifting the younger with him. "let's get you to bed then, love."

***

jimin woke up a few hours later, feeling as if he had a hangover. there was no headache or urge to throw up, but there was a constant lingering that something was missing, a piece of his memory that he couldn't recall.

he walks into the living room, and sees jungkook sitting on the sofa, on his phone. he goes to sit next to him, slightly nervously for some reason.

jungkook smiles at him, putting down the phone and pulling him into his arms. "hey, baby. sleep well?"

jimin nods, smiling. "yeah, but i feel full. i remember making breakfast, but... i don't remember eating it?" he hums thoughtfully. "i didn't hit my head, right?"

jungkook coos, shaking his head at jimins confused expression. "no, love, you ate with me, and went to bed after."

his anxiety spiked as he grips onto jungkooks shirt tightly, eyes wide with concern. "why...why don't i remember it then?

jungkook realizes it was time to tell the younger the truth, as he rubs a gentle hand in the boy's back. "i'm going to explain, okay? but i need you to relax first."

they both took in deep breaths of air, exhaling slowly together as jimin's muscles slowly relaxed, snuggled into jungkook's side as the other traces patterns into his skin. he was still nervous, but not as much— why should he be? he trusted jungkook to take care of him.

"so," jungkook speaks gently, "do you ever remember, when talking with me or jin hyung, a fuzzy ish feeling in your head?" he pauses, waiting for the other to nod slowly. "and it felt nice, yeah? like you were relaxed, and taken care of."

the elder nods, smiling softly to himself. "yeah..makes me feel loved."

"exactly," the other hums. "and not always, but sometimes, you let yourself go and let the feeling completely take over you. that's when you can't remember anything after, and it has a name. once i explain it to you...you'll be able to become more in touch with it and it'll help, okay? it'll help you relax, it'll help you be happier."

jimin nods slowly, relishing in the warmth of the younger.

"okay...well, it's called little space. it's a headspace you go into, like a persona of that of a kid, or even a baby. hence the name 'little' space. because..you're much littler."

jimin goes quiet, thinking to himself, and jungkook gives him a few minutes to let it sink in before saying one final thing.

"one last thing.. i'm completely one hundred percent with taking care of you while you're little, and you can trust me. i promise."

that broke jimins last straw, a fuzzy feeling overtaking him quickly without warning as whimpers left his pretty lips, and tears escaping his eyes. "k kookie.."

"oh, baby," jungkook pulls his small boyfriend into his lap, rocking him as he wiped his tears away. "kookie's here, okay?"

he continues rocking him and notices that he was still restless, meaning he was still between headspaces, and he decides to gently nudge him to his little side.

"hey, prince," he whispers, "you're my sweet little boy, hm?" he kisses his forehead, continuing to rock him as the other looks up at him with wide, teary eyes. "my adorable baby boy, so good for me. kookie will take good care of you, i promise. you can let go now," he whispers, smiling softly as jimins eyes shut after he brings his thumb up to suck on it gently.

jungkook hums to himself as he continues to rock the boy, smiling to himself as he realizes he finally has found a way to pay his hyung back for all he has done and continues to do for him.

"my sweet prince."

//okay so i know most of you won't read this part but my mental health has been really bad and i'm serious when i say that i have literally nobody to talk to irl, and one person online and i just always feel alone and my eating disorder has gotten so, so bad. i feel so alone and writing this book helps, so.. thank you to all this listen and brought this book to 50k 💕