tenth.

jimin had finally done it.

he made an appointment with the stupid doctor.

after seeing his strong hyung break down for him, he felt it was wrong to not visit his doctor and see if he would be recommended to a psychologist.

his appointment was in three days, and he regrets making the appointment until he remembers seeing seokjin's broken state. because he loved his hyung as much as he hated himself.

which is too much to be healthy.

***

"four days, hyung," jungkook announced when jimin asked if he had decided when he was leaving. "my job interview is in one week. i'm going to find an apartment or a roommate, return to busan to get more clothes and to officially quit modelling."

"what if you don't get the job though?" jimin couldn't help but ask.

jungkook shrugged. "i have enough in the bank to last for a bit. hopefully i'll find a job before having to pay rent for something," he joked and jimin chuckled.

"you know anyone looking for a roommate?" jungkook asked after a while.

jimin shrugged. "i don't think so."

he wanted to speak up and say that jungkook could stay with him. the two had gotten close over the past few days. but no way he could do that. if jungkook wanted to stay, he could ask himself.

"i'll ask hobi hyung, then," jungkook shrugged, then frowned. "but i'd rather not stay with a stranger."

jimin laughed. "i was a stranger to you a few days ago!"

"yeah, but that's different." jungkook defended himself, adjusting slightly on the couch. "are there any apartments to rent in this complex?"

jimin thought for a minute before shrugging. "probably. i'll ask my landlord." he grinned. "that'd be cool. you'd be close enough so we could stay friends, but not so close you can annoy me."

jungkook pouted. "i'm not annoying!"

the elder widened his eyes dramatically. "all you do is make fun of my height and...habits!" he was going to say 'eating habits' but decided against it.

"well it's not my fault you're as small as a schoolgirl."

"it's not my fault either!"

the two went back and forth, and jungkook eventually stuck his hand out and ruffled jimin's hair, earning a glare.

"i'm not a child," he said, pushing his hand away.

"your height says otherwise."

jimin stuck his tongue out and jungkook laughed, tickling the man on his side– earning a shove.

"leave me alone," jimin whines, hiding away from the taller.

"i won't!"

jungkook jumped closer and tickled him more, and both of them started laughing. jimin was pinned with nowhere to go, and jungkook was showing no mercy.

he only stopped when somebody knocked on the door.

"get off me!" jimin half shouted, shoving jungkook off and scrambling to straighten out his clothes and not bothering with his hair when he scrambled to answer the door.

he opened it to show nearly be blinded by the bright light of the sun, but the dark thunder cloud next to it saved his eyes.

"hi, hobi hyung and yoongi hyung!" jimin greeted them, opening the door and smiling brightly. "yoongi hyung i haven't seen you in forever!"

"let us in, you absolute drama queen," hobi laughed, before taking in jimin's appearance. "woah, did we interrupt something?"

the short boy's blush grew and he shook his head, opening the door for the not–a–couple to come in.

the three walked into the living room to see jungkook still lying on the couch, in a similar state as jimin. he sat up and tried to fix his appearance when he saw there were people over.

"woah!" hoseok's eyes widened. "you and jungkook?" he asked. "already?"

"no!" jimin shook his head and sat down next to jungkook on the couch, blushing furiously. "we're not..anything."

"aww, don't be like that, baby," jungkook pouted and wrapped his arms around jimin, resting his head on his shoulder and confusing the poor boy more. "i don't want to keep us a secret."

hoseok squealed. "you are together!"

"we're not!" jimin wriggled around with a blush. "i don't know what he's doing."

jungkook laughed and finally let go of the boy, letting himself fall back into the couch. "hey, hobi hyung."

hoseok rolled his eyes and chuckled. "same old kookie."

jimin decided he'd go get lunch started, so he left, leaving half an hour for the other three to talk.

***

he walked out of the kitchen on wobbly legs, holding the tray out in front of him and keeping his hands steady. he pushed the door open with his food and his eyes widened. he had expected to walk in to laughing and joking, not to this.

hoseok and yoongi were crouched on either side of jungkook, who was on the ground, sobbing his heart out. hoseok had wrapped his arms around him and yoongi had as well, but jungkook didn't seem the least bit comforted.

what the heck had happened?

jimin set the tray on the table and rushed to go sit in front of jungkook. he wasn't sure what to do since the crying boy was so distraught, but he was more surprised when jungkook pulled him close and cried into his shoulder.

jimin slowly hugged the boy back and let him cry, looking at hoseok with a questioning look.

his hyung only smiled sadly and patted jungkook lightly in the head. "as tall as he might be..." he shook his head. "he's still a kid. take care of him, jimin."

jimin was still confused but let the two guests leave.

minutes passed before jungkook was only sniffling. the elder pulled away gently. "jungkook...what's wrong?"

he shook his head. "n-nothing."

jimin laughed lightly. "you don't seriously expect me to believe that, do you?"

he watched him shake his head. "that's not what i mean. there's no reason for me to cry. h-hobi and i were just talking a-and–" he let a sob into his hand.

"what's got you all upset?" jimin asked, still confused as he pulled him close again.

jungkook buried his face into his shoulder. "i–i'm scared."

"of what?"

"of growing up. of living in a new city. of getting a new job. of being alone through all of it," jungkook cried into his shoulder, and abruptly pulled back to look at jimin. "h-hyung?"

jimin hummed in response, and jungkook spoke again.

"please don't make me leave," he said, and jimin felt his heart swell. "i like it here. i'll pay rent of course, i'll do chores and buy groceries–" he leaned his head forward again. "please don't make me live alone."

"i was going to ask you to live with me," jimin giggled, hugging jungkook closer. "but i thought you'd say no."

he rested his head on jungkook's shoulder and sighed. "there's not much to be afraid of. you'll get a job you love, and you won't ever be alone." he squeezed him lightly. "you've got me now, right?"

jungkook nodded and hugged him even closer. "i have you."