thirty eighth.

"you have a date?!" hoseok exclaims, eyes wide as he stared incredulously at the younger.

jungkook chuckled nervously, scratching the back of his neck. the excitement had gotten to him and he felt that he had to tell someone, and hoseok was the first one he turned to. it was friday, one day till the dinner, and he had surprised the younger at his apartment— catching him right before he left for work, as his shift began an hour after jimin's.

"i mean.. yeah. that's what i said," he grins.

"but- wha- with who?" hoseok's eyebrows furrow. "i thought you would end up with jimin, but i'm not one to tell your heart what to do, i ain't no cupid," he chuckles, trying to clear the air with a joke.

"that's the thing..." jungkook mumbles, looking down at his hands. "it's...jimin hyung."

"what?!" the older screams, hands in the air with a happy smile. "i knew it! i called it! i'm the king of love, baby!"

jungkook rolls his eyes with a smile, judging the elder hard as he danced around.

"where are you taking him?" hoseok asks, once he's sat back down on the sofa. "make sure it's not too fancy or he'll feel out of place. or too cheap, he won't like it."

jungkook nods, a thoughtful look on his face. "i was thinking that french place on the other side of town. it's not expensive so i can afford it, but i've been there and the food is awesome. dyou think he'll like it?"

"i mean, he's a chef, so he probably appreciates all cuisine, you know?" hoseok chuckles. "make sure you make a reservation though. they're busy as hell."

jungkook chuckles, feeling his stomach churn at the thought. gosh, he hopes this date goes well.

***

at the restaurant, jimin looked like he was about to be sick from nerves— and he hadn't yet told namjoon or seokjin about the date— and the latter of the two was fawning over him like a mother.

"why are you so pale, jimin?" he asks, cupping his cheeks. "are you alright? have you eaten? are you nervous? what're you feeling nervous for? are you on your p-"

"hyung!" jimin exclaims, before his face scrunches in confusion. "i- i'm not a girl, hyung."

"i know that, but some boys have periods too, you know," he says softly, seeming to glance at namjoon who blushed and seemed to look away purposefully.

jimin tilted his head in confusion before he shrugged it off and shook his head. "well, you have a point, but no. i'm nervous, cause i, well.." a smile spread across his face against his will as he spoke. "i have a date with jungkookie!"

seokjin squeals, and namjoon turns around excitedly. the elder spoke first, obviously.

"you do?!" he exclaims, grabbing onto the other's hands in excitement. "oh, baby i'm so happy for you!"

"yeah, congratulations, jimin," namjoon says rather shyly. "jungkook's so great to you."

all the happiness and excitement seems to make jimin's head go fuzzy again, and his instinct is to hug seokjin tightly, burying his face into the elder's chest.

"m excited, jinnie," he whispers. "m like jungkookie...he's nice n takes care of me."

seokjin smiles, carding his fingers through the other's hair. "i'm sure he is, jiminie. you deserve only the best."

jimin giggles, clutching his shirt tightly. he just couldn't wait!

///whoops i lied, date next chapter babies