eleventh.

it's a rather strange situation. jimin and jungkook had only recently met, and they were now moving in together.

so instead of helping jungkook pack like they had initially thought, he was helping him get more comfortable in the guest room. he gave him more space in the bathroom cabinet and on the bookshelf in the living room, and they both agreed that there was no reason to label their own things in the fridge. everything was shared unless said otherwise.

jimin really wasn't accustomed to making decisions spur of the moment, so the thought of having jungkook live with him was definitely nerve wracking– just not enough for him to be uncomfortable.

jungkook couldn't be happier. he had no relatives in seoul, and only knew hoseok and yoongi. so being able to find a roommate that he was comfortable with (especially because he trusts his hoseok hyung) was ideal. he wasn't too close with his parents either, as they weren't really there for his childhood, and so he really only had friends to care for him.

***

the day of jimin's appointment was here, and he'd be lying if he said he wasn't extremely nervous. what was he supposed to say?

he didn't want to go alone but he didn't want to ask anybody to come, so he didn't really have a choice. he had to wake up at eight to make the nine o'clock appointment, and so jungkook was awake a bit earlier than usual when he smelt the breakfast that jimin was going to force himself to eat.

"where are you going so early, hyung?" jungkook had asked when he came out of his room.

"i have a doctor's appointment," jimin had replied simply. he had prepared scrambled eggs and was serving jungkook, so used to not eating that he forgot about himself until jungkook gestured for him to pour.

"is it only a checkup? you don't seem sick...?" jungkook blushed when he realized how personal that question was. "i didn't realize how private that was until i spoke. don't answer."

jimin smiled softly and swallowed a bite of food. he had planned on telling jungkook that it was only a check up, but jungkook had just given him a free out and he wasn't going to pass it up.

"yeah. thank you," he leaned his head in his hand and sighed. "i just want to sleep. forget this stupid appointment."

the younger laughed. "drink coffee before you drive. you can't fall asleep on the way."

jimin groaned and grabbed a cup to pour himself coffee before transferring it to a travel mug. "good idea. i'm gonna go now."

jungkook nodded and jimin almost made it to the door before being called back.

"you didn't finish your food, hyung!"

***

after eating the rest of his food

and driving for twenty five minutes, jimin made it to his appointment ten minutes early and so he took a seat in the waiting room.

he doesn't have anything to do and was about to pick up a magazine when he got a text message.

jungkook: hi hyung!!

jimin smiled and raised an eyebrow before unlocking his phone and typing a reply.

hello!!

what's up?

idk i'm bored

haha ok

do you need anything for the house?

jimin was a big anxious as he sent that. why had he used absolutely no abbreviations and used punctuation? most people type fast and conveniently. why was he getting so worked up about this? it's not like jungkook would scold him for using grammer.

nah idts

appointment hasn't started?

nope not yet

soon

oh drs here

jimin stood up quickly when the doctor waved him into his office and followed him into it. he barely had time to glance down at his phone screen and see one last text from his roommate.

jungkook: kk good luck!!

"okay jimin," the man, doctor wang, said to him. "what's on your mind?"

jimin froze. what was he supposed to say? i don't eat enough. i don't take care of myself. i don't love myself.

he stayed thinking for so long that doctor wang got confused. "your annual check up was two months ago and everything was good," he says, looking over the medical records. "and the last time you were in for something was eleven months ago, with influenza." he looked up and raised an eyebrow before setting the file on his desk. "i need you to tell me why you're here, jimin."

jimin looked down at his hands and felt tears prick at the back of his eyes. he still couldn't bring himself to speak.

he was lucky that his doctor was well trained.

"jimin," he asked. "is everything alright?"

jimin shook his head and doctor wang spoke again.

"are you here..." he spoke gently, and carefully hose his words, "because a friend or family member asked you to? for your sake?"

jimin nodded again slowly, looking up with an embarrassed face.

"on a scale of one to ten," doctor wang continued, "one being low and ten being high, how much do you love yourself?"

the question was too open ended. love his skills? his smarts? his looks?

the doctor caught on and specified. "how much do you love your talents?"

the nerve wracked patient thought hard. he knew he wasn't a bad chef, an okay singer but what else was he good at? drawing and writing perhaps. so he lifted up six fingers to show the doctor. six wasn't too bad.

"okay," he nodded. "how much do you love your looks?"

jimin frowned. how could anybody love his looks? he had a strange shaped face, a big nose, grossly big arms and an ugly smile. what was to like?

so he raised up his fingers to show his answer.

a two.

doctor wang nodded his head and write something down before his next question. "has this shown in your everyday habits?"

to which jimin nodded.

"which ones?" the old but definitely smart man pressed on.

jimin shifted before finally opening his mouth. "i uh...e-eating."

jimin seemed satisfied with his response but the doctor made a go on gesture so he continued. "i, well, don't really eat as often as i s-should... it makes me tired and pass out sometimes."

the doctor nods. "how long have you been doing this?"

jimin paused. "i don't know. too long. but it's not too bad because i eat like once or twice a day. sometimes three times."

the doctor chuckled. "if it's bad enough that you're here, it must be pretty bad."

***

jimin had gotten home with no expressions since he left the doctor's office. he silenced his phone so that he wouldn't have to speak to anybody and went straight to bed, to sleep off his stress before work.