twenty sixth.

"you absolute idiot!"

jimin laughed as he watched a fight ensue between his two hyungs, seokjin and hoseok, at the restaurant. it was closing time and they had just finished cleaning the kitchen and dining area, but hoseok knocked a drink onto the ground, spilling everywhere.

the youngest was about to run for a mop when there was a knock on the glass doors at the front. all three of the men glanced up at once, and relaxed once they saw it was the youngest of them all– jungkook.

jimin ran to unlock the door, and held it open as the taller walked in to the restaurant, chuckling when he saw the two eldest fighting over a puddle of orange in the middle of the restaurant.

"heya, kook!" jimin grinned, hurting he door and accepting a hug from him. "what brings you here? you know we're closed, right?"

he have a small smile and nodded, shoving his hands into his pockets. "well, yeah, but i had nothing to do at home today except sleep, so i wasn't tired."

jimin nodded slowly. "and you're here, half an hour after closing, because..."

"to pick you up."

hoseok whistled, making jimin's blush (that was on his face ever since he saw jungkook) intensify. "uh, you know i have a car, right? how did you get here?"

the younger gave a sheepish smile. "i walked here. i figured you'd be tired, and i'd drive you back."

by now, jimin's face was resembling a tomato, and seokjin was clapping quietly as hoseok squealed. "i knew you two would be great together!"

jungkook blushed too, shaking his head and looking down at his shoes. "um...well your shift is over so.."

jimin nodded and ran to the back, grabbing his coat. he walked back with it in hand, and jungkook took it from him to help him put it on like a true gentleman.

after jimin was ready, they said the goodbyes right before jimin realized he never grabbed a mop. but, that's alright.

***

they two boys were walking to the car. jungkook was holding jimin around his middle, which had the elder comfortable but confused. why was jungkook doing all this?

he decided to go the extra mile and ask. "um," he began. "i love you for being so sweet– not that i love you– well i do but you know. but, um, what i mean to say is um–"

"–being extra kind?" the younger finished with a smile. "yeah. well it's not that i don't trust you, because i do. i was just worried, because, well, you know..." it was jungkook's turn to ramble. "i'm worried for you. not that you can't take care of yourself, but we'll, you won't."

jimin nodded slowly. "so you're saying i can't drive myself home because you think i'll get into an accident?"

"no! not on purpose, but—" he sighed, stopping in front of jimin a car and opening the door for him– just slightly. not enough for the elder to get inside yet. "you didn't eat this morning." his voice went quiet. "and i thought that maybe, maybe you'd pass out or collapse like you do."

jimin stared at him, wide eyed, as he continued.

"i was so worried for you, hyung. all day long. i w-wanted to come check on you but–"

he didn't finish his sentence before jimin jumped onto him. jungkook let go of the car door and caught the elder easily, hugging him close and burying his face into his hair.

jimin was near tears. the only sentence he whispered out was, "what did i do to deserve you?"

jungkook just chuckled slightly through his own tears, and pulled away from the hug. he wiped both of their cheeks gently, thinking of an answer.

he looked into jimin's eyes. jimin, who so kindly took him into his home. jimin, who loved him and cared for him. jimin, who was his best friend.

jimin, who he didn't want as his best friend.

with this thought in mind, jungkook began sobbing. the elder didn't think any bad of him and held him close, shushing him gently. it was clear— the

two boys needed each other.

and both of them knew it.