forty third.

"jiminie~" jungkook coos, walking into the room with a gift bag behind his back. "i have a surprise for you~"

"s supise?" he lisps, looking up at him hopefully as he sucks on his thumb.

jungkook chuckled, sitting down next to him. "yes! kookie has a surprise! wanna see?"

the happy baby claps his hands and giggles, nodding excitedly as jungkook presents the blue bag with pride. "open it up!"

jimin takes the bag into his hands and shakes it; and jungkook realizes he was too young to figure out how to take the present out of the bag so he reaches in and pulls out out for him.

jimin gasps dramatically when he sees the blue sweater, pointing to the little yellow birds. "ducky!"

"yes, baby," jungkook helps him slip the sweater over his head, pulling his arms through the sleeves carefully. "these are jiminie's duckies," he kisses his nose, "and you're jungkookie's ducky!"

"k kookie's ducky," he whispers, smiling as he rubs his cheek against his soft sleeves. "tank ou, kookie."

"anytime, baby," the younger smiles, kissing his cheek as he pushes his shoes on, tying hem for him.

"les go, kookie!" jimin pouts as the other picks him up. "to shopping!"

"yes, baby boy, let's go shopping."

***

when they arrive at the store, jimin seated in the backseat with a blanket thanks to jungkook's fear for his safety, jungkook waits before unlocking his seatbelt. "there are a few rules for when we go outside of our home, okay jiminie?"

jimin nods, like a bobble head.

"and you know that you have to follow them?"

"yes, kookie!"

"they're to keep you safe, okay?" jungkook bites his lip, thinking of the simplest rules for him to understand. "rule one: do not let go of my hand."

jimin smiles widely at that one, and jungkook figures it wouldn't be much of a problem.

"rule two: no talking to strangers. okay? and three," he kisses his head gently, sighing, "remember that kookie loves you, no— no matter what anyone in that store says, okay?" he says carefully, thinking back to the art supplies incident.

jimin didn't seem to remember, though, as he smiles at his caregiver. "o okay! s easy! i promise!"

the younger smiles, helping jimin out of the car and holding his hand tightly as they walked toward the store. jimin tensed up when people walked by, or when a car drove by them, but he stayed relatively calm and they walked into the store without incident.

they picked up a basket, and jungkook walked them toward the kid's section.

"how old are you feeling, love?" he asks, watching how jimin eyed the bright, colourful displays.

jimin just shrugs, cuddling himself closer toward jungkook's side and the younger decides on picking things out for him.

he puts a package of three pacifiers in the basket, and jimin's eyes widened, a pout forming as he reached out for them. "p paci.."

"you've gotta wait until we're home, baby boy," jungkook whispers, regretting getting them first as jimin seemed to regress even more as he whined quietly.

jungkook pulls him carefully toward a display of stuffed animals, handing the boy a kitten. "here you are, baby, look at the pretty kitten!"

"kitty!" jimin whispers, taking it into his arms and kissing it's head. "pretty blue kitty, gotsta show yoonie.."