Chapter 1: Home

Hotshot was walking alone through the halls of the Academy. It was late but he knew that he had one more task before he could turn in for the night.

Hotshot stopped his pace, "I can hear you~!"

Sounds of multiple giggles echoed throughout the halls.

Hotshot smirked, "If you all don't go to your berths now, there'll be extra laps for your warmups tomorrow!"

The sounds of multiple pedes can be heard retreating in the halls, followed immediately by shrieking.

"Yes sir!!"

"Sorry sir!!"

"Don't make us do more laps, Coach Hotshot!!!"

Hotshot couldn't help but chuckle, "Lights out Recruits! See you in the morning!"

"Goodnight Coach Hotshot!"

"Tell Professor Medix that we said "hi"!!"

"Yeah! And that we miss him too!"

"I will", Hotshot said softly as he watched all of his recruits make it safely to their berthrooms.

Once he knew they were all safe, he immediately booked it to the groundbridge.

He punched in the coordinates for Griffin Rock Firehouse.

The place where he and his team now call home.

Hotshot sprinted through the groundbridge as soon as it flared to life, screeching to an immediate halt once he made it through.

As the groundbridge powered down behind him, Hotshot noticed that he was the only one in the main area of the bunker.

He knew that Whirl was out on patrol.
He knew that Wedge was out with his partner Wes.
And he knew that Hoist was recharging.

But there was only one mech he cared about.

"Medix?"

A familiar voice spoke up, immediately making Hotshot's spark flutter.

"I'm in our berthroom, sweetspark!"

Hotshot smiled as he made his way to his berthroom, leaning against the doorway so he could take in the magnificent view.

There sat his beautiful sparkmate of 3 wonderful years.

Sitting comfortably on their berth.

And heavily sparked.

Hotshot fell in love again, "Hey gorgeous. How are you?"

Medix gave his mate a small smile, "Tired. But I'm glad you're home."

"Me too", Hotshot said as he carefully crawled into the berth, showering his mate with lots of gentle kisses, "the recruits told me to tell you that they said "hi" and that they missed you."

Medix chuckled softly, "Aww. Tell them I miss them too."

"I will", Hotshot said as he stole another kiss from him, "oh, and i missed you too."

Medix smiled as he nuzzled his mate, "I would say the same, but I'm afraid someone else missed you more than I did", he said as he placed a servo on his swollen middle.

Hotshot wore a goofy grin on his faceplate as he rubbed Medix's middle, cooing to their unborn sparkling, "Awww, did Medix Jr miss me??"

Medix laughed at both the nickname and at the face his mate made when their sparkling kicked, "Medix Jr???"

"What's wrong with that?", Hotshot said as he looked up at his mate, "You didn't want me calling them "Hotshot Jr." So I thought "Medix Jr." Would be better!"