The pizzeria

Late.
Definition: behind time or schedule.
Used in a sentence: I am most definitely, certainly, truly unbelievably late!!

I pushed past people as quickly as I could, though not as quickly as I would've liked.
"Nuts! Shoot! Chicken ramen with cheesy pizza slices!"

I pull out my phone to look at the time only to move from a speedy jog into a full-out sprint.
'It's 11:25!!! I have to be there by 11:30!!!'

I swear while I was running I was cheetah with dodging skill of some spy! I was letting out my inner track runner and moving like a pro past those people.

I see the pizzeria in all its glory up ahead but the parking lot looks full...

By the time I got there, I was tired, amazed at how I wasn't drenched in sweat but tired. '11:29, I was only a minute off... damn I'm one lucky girl

"Ok let's do this! I'm going to walk in here with the confidence of a lion!" I took a deep breath in exhaled then walked towards the door with a slight strut.

Ok maybe I was overreacting just a bit about going to work at a place as a night guard but when you're desperate you do things you wouldn't ever dream off, or not. Never mind.

I was about to push open the doors but was almost hit with them instead when I see a mother practically dragging her child away for the place.

I'm almost surprised I didn't realize how many children screaming, crying, and laughing noises you can hear just from outside the building.

I walk in with less confidence than I had before but not enough to show the am panicking. I look around a bit trying to find the mangers office but they were too many children and parents in the way to see clearly. I continued looking until I decided to ask the guy in the front.

"Hey um, do you happen to know where the manager's office is?" I asked as politely and non-nervously as humanly possible. I tend to embarrass myself with new people.

"Huh, o-oh yeah, f-follow me please" the guy had said with a stuttering voice, one that I had happened to recognize as the same person from last night.

Hah! Thanks for remembering me! Yes, I talk to myself, don't judge!

Anyway, I had ended up following the guy through a maze of screaming kids and waiters. 'Not gonna lie but this pizzeria would look freaking fun if I was kid, though this place is a mess...'

We walk behind a table in front of the stage. I glance around only to look up and have my eyes land on three animatronics dancing and singing onstage. A bear, bunny, and a-a bird..? no more like a chicken.

"Haha, those kids look like they love them," I commented mostly to myself. The guy that was leading me turned around and took a quick look at the animatronics only to shudder and look away.

"Y-yeah, they s-sure do, I d-don't understand why they're..." I look towards the guy noticing his pause.

"They're what?" I question looking at him quizzically.

"They're c-creepy..." He practically whispers out almost like they would hear him if he spoke any louder.

"Pfft-haha, I wouldn't say that! If they're making all these kids happy then they doing good enough, besides they kinda look cool in a way" I say with a bright smile.

I want to look on the bright side of things, I feel like spending my time being sad won't do me any good (besides I did that yesterday) and my days would be happier if I tried to lighten up a bit.

The guy next to me gives me a strange look then glances up only to have the most humanly possible panicked look in the world.

He instantly turned to me and gave me a look that said 'LET'S GO NOW!' He was seriously looking like she was having a panic attack right there.

I shot him a confused look then glanced up at the animatronics. They were looking at us, and surprisingly I wasn't scared. I mean kids walk up to them every day so it's probably in their programming to look at people.

I felt the guy next to me nudged me with his elbow to get my attention. I look at him and he tilted his head in a certain direction to signal that we need to go.

I nodded my head and started to walk away with him but before I got too far I felt the sudden urge to look back, and I did. Their eyes were following me. I smiled a bit and did a quick wave and looked back.

Man, that guy was booking it, I had to jog to catch up with him!

_~_~_|_~_~_
Time skip
_~_~_|_~_~_

I was walking home with a skip in my step. 'I GOT THE JOB!!!! YES!' I was super excited.

I walked up to my door with a hop in my step and slammed open my door to yell at the top of my lungs. "I GOT A JOB!!!"

I heard a thump coming from Lilac's room. Oops...

I walked in and closed the door behind me and walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge. I heard Lilac walk into the room.

"Congratulations, I'm proud of you." I heard her say in a slightly less monotone and more proud voice. Now I can tell she's proud!

"Thanks, I'm glad I was able to find one!" Lilac gives a small smile at my response.

I watch as she leans in and gives me a quick hug and ruffles my hair then walks away with that same small happy smile.

I silently giggle at her happiness, it's nice to see expressions on her face. I open my cabinet and grab a cup. "Maybe this job won't be too bad..."