Step Five: Hunt An Alien, Or Be Hunted

Been a while, but this one is pretty long, so sorry if you're a slow reader like me :P

As always, don't forget to check out the song and picture on the side <3

ENJOY!

Max~

I left the party because it was getting awkward. I kissed Tyler, I couldn't help it, I had to, he was just sitting there and... my human emotions had gotten out of hand. I was having a hard time controlling them. Back on Jupiter, my native species weren't used to strong emotions, and so many of them. Being in this human form was something I was having trouble getting used to, which only made me feel confused, agitated, aggressive, unnerved, tired... and something else I couldn't find a name for.

As I walked down the street I let my eyes glaze over, hacking into my data base files and flicking through the Earth section. There was a lot in there, but not enough to help me understand all this... this... this... AH FRUSTRATING! Frustrating? That's the one I was missing before. So many emotions, I couldn't understand them all at once. But, on the bright side, I was getting the hang of things. I could run and jump now, so that was good. My speech was getting better too, and I could control the muscles on my face more. So many expressions to learn.

My eyes unglazed and I stopped under a street lamp. The human brain confused me. There was so much of it, and no much of it unused. It was like the brain was designed for my peoples intelligence and power, but they hadn't accessed it yet.

I tilted my head to the side, looking at a car parked in front of me on the... I did a quick FILE CHECK... curb of the road. I flicked a finger, making the car alarm go crazy and the front and back lights flash on and off in time. The light of the street lamp above me burst from the power surge and bits of glass fell around me. Not on me, nothing could touch me.

I cracked my knuckles, strange movements. I had been forced to motion instead of just mind power because this body was still weak.

I sighed, it was a strange feeling, so was breathing. Breathing, hah, what a bizarre concept.

I decided to try something, so I turned and headed back to the party. I climbed one of the trees outside easily and sat at the top, looking down at the front yard of... that human's house.

Tyler came out with that girl who'd been nice to me. There was another girl with them, but I wasn't interested in her. She got in the... FILE CHECK... car. But Tyler grabbed... Vienna? And...

I fell back and dropped off the branch, but then grabbed the next one down and saved myself. That was close. I hung there staring at Tyler kissing Vienna. How could he? After I'd just kissed him. That was so... so... infuriating? INFURIATING!

Vienna left and then Tyler stood there looking up at the sky. I pulled myself up onto the branch and groaned. I laughed at groaning, because it felt funny, and it sounded funny. It was very amusing.

I zoomed in, focusing my eyes, and watched Tyler's face. He was so... handsome.

Marco came along and then they went inside. I waited for a little while, then dropped to the ground and righted myself. I'd see him on Monday at school, so there was nothing I could do until then.

I headed back to my home, or at least the place I was staying while I was here. Crash landing on a weird new planet was a strange thing. Not that we didn't know about Earth. The whole Solar System new about Earth, it was the noisiest planet in the Universe. Always sending noisy rockets and ships and satellites out. I liked sitting on the roof of my home listening to the concerts they had. Music was good here, but there was some really bad stuff too. This stuff called Country Music, aish, it made my ears hurt.