Step Eleven: Make Peace With The Alien

Tyler is dead!

Just to make myself clear!

He's D.E.A.D! DEAD! Okay?

Don't forget to vote and comment, and check out the extra stuff on the side >>>

ENJOY!

Gunner~

I was surrounded by happy laughing people, and I was the elephant in the room, sitting in the corner at the back of the restaurant.

Why?

I'd been down a lot lately actually. Ever since Tyler nearly died at my house. I couldn't stop thinking about it, just standing there unable to help him, struck with fear. How could I be so pathetic? I thought about it every time I entered my room. It's gotten so bad I can't even go in there anymore, I've been sleeping in the spare room on the floor. Just seeing Tyler's face now was like a punch in the gut.

What was wrong with me?

“Are you going to order?” a voice asked me. I realised the waitress had been standing there for a while now, waiting for me. I sighed and grabbed one of the menus, but I really actually wasn't that hungry. I only came here because I didn't want to be home alone anymore.

“Um...” I mumbled, trying to focus on the menu, but the words were just blurring.

“Scoot,” the waitress said, patting my shoulder. I shuffled over and she sat down beside me. “Rough day?” she asked, turning in the booth to face me. The cheesy Italian restaurant was dimly lit, with lots of red and yellow decorating everything. It wasn't very flattering, but this place was pretty popular for families.

“Something like that,” I moped, staring at my hands as I put the menu down on the table top and pushing it away. I didn't really want to talk about this with a stranger.

“Gunner, come on. You're not acting like yourself,” the girl said. I frowned and looked up at her, my jaw dropping. I gulped, nerves smacking me in the stomach like a wave crashing down on a surfer.

It was her, the red haired girl with glasses I'd been in love with for a while now. She looked pretty tonight, her hair was loose and not so much pulled back, and she wasn't wearing her glasses. She smiled at me shyly, tucking a lock of hair behind her ear.

“You know me?” I asked in disbelief. She gave a little giggle that kind of made me melt inside.

“Well, it's hard to not notice someone like you,” she mumbled. God, how did this even happen? When did I get hit with luck?

“Ah, right,” I said, unsure what to do. I'd never been nervous around a girl before, it was a knew feeling. She laughed and I caught a glimpse of her name-tag for the first time. Sarah.

Sarah still had to work, so while she was serving people I sat in the booth and waited. Then when her shift finished she got her things and we left. I'd offered to walk her home.

“Girls really shouldn't walk home alone at night,” I told her, unable to meet her gaze, but I could tell she was smiling.

“Oh?” she asked, playing coy. Come on Guns, get it together, what happened to Mister Cool?

“Ah, yeah,” I said, mentally face-palming. Oh god, here goes all my chances of love.

“So, Gunner, do you want to go out sometime?” Sarah asked me. I nearly swallowed my own tongue and tripped over my own feet.