Step Nineteen: Forget Your Home Planet

Ahhh, it's taken me so long so figure out the rest of the story. But now i've written out a few chapters it hopefully wont be such a huge gap between each chapter again.

This is a short look into what's been going on back on Earth while Tyler and Max have been away. 

ENJOY!

Marco~

“I'm gonna kill him!” Neil said, busting through the front door to my house. I stepped back to let him in and he stormed down the hall. I closed the door and followed into the kitchen. I was so glad my parents were away for the night visiting my sick great aunt.

“What happened?” I asked, taking up a stool beside my boyfriend around the kitchen island.

“He's gone. I got home and the house was trashed. He's even broken his bedroom window. And now he's gone. He's not even answering his phone!” Neil growled, rubbing his face with his hands. He seemed less like an adult like this. I reached out and grabbed his hand.

“Um... maybe it's just a phase?” I offered and Neil cracked a smile.

“If it is, you better not do it too,” he joked and then sighed, turning to me and resting his head on my shoulder. “I went around and checked his house, I pretended to be grabbing something for him, but his parents haven't seen or heard from him. I didn't want to say anything and make them worry.”

“Vienna and I haven't seen him since school...” I thought, biting my lip and staring off into space in thought. “And Gunner has been with Sarah all afternoon.”

“It's that kid, the new one, Max? He's dragging Tyler into all kinds of trouble, isn't he? Encouraging him to do bad things. They're probably together getting into trouble right now. Blowing things up or something,” Neil groaned into my neck. I pressed my lips to the skin of his shoulder, because he was wearing a tank.

“No, it can't be. Max is awesome. He's not like that at all. He's the goody two shoes in the group,” I tried to defend, but honestly I wasn't sure. I didn't know what Max was like outside of school, and I'd only heard stuff about him through Tyler. He never really gives me much attention at school.

“Why is it you don't sound so sure?” Neil laughed and wrapped his arms around my waist. “Aish, I can't handle this whole 'being a parent' thing just yet. I'm not ready for kids, let alone hormonal teenagers. And here I am dating one.”

“Hey,” I pouted, but Neil chuckled and hugged me tighter.

“Hurry up and graduate,” Neil ordered me.

“I can't make it go any faster, you know. Unless you can control all time and space like a Time Lord,” I told him and he smirked.

“Perhaps not. But when that boy gets home I'm still going to kill him.”

~

Neil~

“I'll murder him until he's dead!” I shouted, storming around my apartment. All night I've stayed up waiting for him to get home, expecting him to get in late like he did last time with some lame ass excuse.

Nope, that didn't happen. He hasn't come home yet. I'm going insane, that boy is going to make me prematurely old and weary. I'm getting grey hairs of stress here. If he doesn't show tonight, I'm telling his parents!

~

“Relax, he's a grown boy,” Marco cooed from the couch, patting it beside him. I wanted to go sit on the couch with him, but I couldn't relax. I'd grown attached to him more than usual now.

I felt bad for getting angry, guilty that maybe something has happened to him, which only made me angrier.

“I'm calling his parents,” I cried and grabbed the home phone, punching in the numbers. It rang and then was picked up.

“Hey, bro, I have to tell you something,” I said down the line.

~

“You need sleep, you need to eat,” Marco told me, trying to shove a muesli bar in my face, I shoved it away. I felt like sh*t, but I couldn't sleep. Every time I closed my eyes I saw Tyler laying in a gutter somewhere lifeless and broken. And the idea of food just made me feel sick.

My anger had faded in the early hours of the morning today, about the time the sun had began to rise on a new day. I'd begun to hope that he was out causing trouble, rather than hurt, but most of all I just wanted him home. Police came and went, going back and forth between his parents and mine, and Marco crashed here in my bed most of the time, but nothing had changed.

“Maybe it was that guy who broke into our house,” Wendy piped up suddenly from her husbands arms.

“Don't say that,” I snapped.

“But it could be, that criminal broke into Tyler's room!” Wendy noted aloud, voice cracking with hysteria. Her husband held her tighter.

“Shh, don't think about that,” he soothed her. Marco didn't soothe me when my brother and his wife were over, especially when the cops were around, but that's the way it had to be.

I hung my head in my hands and shook it. Damn, that boy better be alright or all hell in going to break loose. Any more of this waiting and not knowing and I was going to lose it.

If he's dead, I'm gonna to kill him.

Hahaha this chapter makes me love Neil even more. He's such a parent and he doesn't even know it. So cute :P Are you loving the photos on the side of Uncle Neil as much as i am?? *wiggles eyebrows*

Mouki out~