Step Six: Confront The Alien

Aw, this chapter is probably really bad but... oh well. I'm getting it out of the way so things can progress a lot quicker in this story :P :P

Once again don't forget to check the song and picture of Vee on the side XD

ENJOY!

Tyler~

I bounced a tennis ball off the bedroom wall and then caught it as it bounced back. I was getting used to the new accommodation while my uncle and parents spoke in the kitchen, so I left the door open. I heard someone coming up the hall and bounced the ball harder.

My uncle appeared in the doorway, putting his hands in his sweat pants pockets. He looked strange out of his usual work attire. Right now he was in grey sweats, a white tank, and his hair was un-slicked and messy, but still tucked behind his ears.

“Are you going to quit that kid?” he asked me, slightly narky, slightly amused. I elected to ignore him, though it wasn't him I was avoiding. He sighed and slouched into the room, coming and sitting beside me on the mattress on the floor he'd put out for me in the spare room of his apartment block. He ran a hand through his hair and when the ball bounced back he caught it before me and tossed it out the open bedroom door. I heard it roll away.

I grunted and laid back on the bed, glaring up at the ceiling. My mum and dad were still in the kitchen, they'd been trying for two hours now to offer Neil money for food and stuff while I stayed, but he refused.

“Look I know it's hard, but you're just going to have to deal with it,” he said to me flatly, staring down at me. I refused to meet his eyes.

“You want me to deal with the fact I'm being kicked out of my house by my parents?” I scoffed. Neil smirked and raised his eyebrows. He didn't know that there were other reasons I was in a bad mood, and he wouldn't know either.

“Think of it as a chance to escape them and come hang out with the greatest uncle in the world,” Neil chuckled. I rolled my eyes and looked up at him.

“I suppose you're right,” I said and sat back up.

“I'm cool enough to even let you have Vienna over... with the door closed,” he teased, mocking me. I kicked him as he got up and headed to the door laughing.

Actually, I should make the most of this.

I'm not eating my vegetables tonight!

Oh yeah, so rebel.

But I will eat my broccoli, because I really quite enjoy broccoli, and I'm campaigning that it's a living organism from another planet.

~

“I want to grow a banana tree,” Marco said as he walked over to me at school. I'd just gotten out of Vienna's car in the student car park, I hadn't even grabbed my bag yet.

“What?” I asked him, laughing at his random. He chuckled and put his arm around my shoulders, leading me towards the school. Vienna followed close behind after locking her car.

The high school looked as boring as ever, and more so now that it was overcast again, with big grey clouds looming overhead. Marco seemed to be the only kid who was heading towards the school with a smile on their face.