Step Eighteen: Living With The Alien

Been a while, how are you?

haha i'm sorry, my house was sleeping, it did not hear you!

ENJOY!

Max~

I opened my five eyes and looked up at a green night sky. It was pouring down with rain, beating down onto me. Everything hurt, everything ached, and in places I could feel the rain hitting raw flesh where my skin had been burnt away.

A face hovered over mine and it took a second for my eyes to focus. A Juperian face was staring back at me, worried.

“Are you okay?” he asked in English and I realised who it was. It was Tyler, as a Juperian. He looked so handsome in my race's form, not that he didn't before.

“Max?” Tyler asked again, leaning over me more so that our faces were level. I grabbed his face with both hands and pulled it down to mine, kissing him on the lips. At his touch, I felt my body recharging and fixing itself. Once again Tyler has saved my life in the pouring rain with only a kiss.

I sat up and looked at him, running my fingers over his face.

“I didn't recognise you at first,” I said, flicking my wet hair off my face. He smirked.

“Am I sexy?” he asked, screwing his face up. I laughed, so happy right now, and kissed him again.

“Come inside before you catch a cold you two,” I heard my mum call and looked to the back door to my house. Tyler was looking at my legs and I glanced down too, watching my skin stitch back over the muscles.

“You scared me half to death, you moron,” Tyler cried and shoved me back down, smashing his lips back to mine. I chuckled.

Who cares about the rain right? I hugged him so tightly to me, I couldn't believe this was happening. He was here, on my planet, with my parents... I was going to show him everything!

~

“So how did you get back anyway?” Tyler asked me, eating an Uyoh as we walked down one of the city streets. I'd never had to describe my hometown to an outsider before, and it was a strange concept. It was so unlike the cities back on Earth that were so dead and man made. While our cities and towns were like nests of vines and trees, with homes built into them by our ancestors. We were the 'ant' race that lived in colonies, to put it simply. And our technology grew in the plants as one, no pollution or waste.

I was walking beside Tyler looking at myself in a small hand mirror. I hadn't had a chance to see what my new adult form looked like yet. Not bad, though I'd hoped to be a little taller. At least as tall as my dad at 8'6”. But no, I was only 8'2”. Oh well, I'd have to get used to that. At least I was taller than Tyler like this. He was only 7'11”.

“I'm not sure. I remember blowing myself up and flying out into space. Then I grabbed onto a ship or something that'd been blow out with me. It seemed to work alright, so I flew it over here. But the systems were bad so I couldn't shield it and the Juperian board fleet shot me down. I must have landed not far out and crawled back,” I explained idly as I poked my cheek.

Tyler didn't speak, and in his Juperian form I couldn't sense what he was thinking, but I think I had an idea. He was worried about me. So, to comfort him, I grabbed his free hand and took it in mine. He smiled but didn't look over at me.